Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to rebuild my credit score?!?!?!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

PLEASE, I am in desperate need of how to rebuild my credit score.  Are there any groups within Cafemom that would be more helpful?  Or is their someone within this group that can give me some wonderful advice/tips???

TIA:)

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Replies (21-24):
Jlee4249
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
1. Get a credit card...
((even if the credit card is rediculous with interest-- because IF you really want to improve your credit, you Will Never pay the interest because you will NEVER carry a balance))
2. then set it upthrough your bankto Automatically pay the balance of the card from your checking account.
3. Every month--pick a day: 1st, 15th, whatever-- and buy a pack of gum or a soda. One small thing and pay with your credit card... Just once a month.

That's it.
You will be creating purchase charges, but they will be paid off (automatically) in full each month, so you will never pay more than your purchase amount, since you're not carrying a balanace to incrue interest. All that shows up on your credit report is a monthly (non-late) payment Which improves your score, regardless of your bankruptcy.
And make sure you never have late payments while you're trying to build up your score. If there is any discrepancies on your credit report, write to them to have them corrected.

Good luck.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Not sure. We don't fixate on credit as we don't need credit. It's an artificial number used to put yourself into further debt. Live within your means and learn to save. We have a credit card for online purchasing and traveling but we pay it in full each month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
www freecreditreport.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleBirdFly
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

do you have bad credit right now? Best is try and fix that! What will bring your numbers down is if you have large amounts of money still owned. For exapmle your credit cards are all or almost all maxed out. What will help you is if you always payed on time. Always had you accounts and cc in good standing (no late payments or collections). But best is to have it almost all payed off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN