Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today is my son's b-day and I would have cheerfully given his best friend a spanking!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

Brian turned 12!! It's a week day so the "fun" part of his b-day isn't until Saturday.Today he got his cake,his presents and his choice of supper(restaurant).He really wanted to bring his best friend with him so,we called David's mom and picked him up to take him out to eat with us.I now have to say-AARRRGGGHHHHHH! That kid is a brat!!And old enough to know better.

We get to the restaurant,sit down and order.As we are waiting for the food our server brings the drinks. I have always hated the places that give the small kids Styrofoam cups and the adults the bigger,plastic ones.Didn't really have a reason for disliking it...well,I do now! First thing David does?Puts a hole in a his cup--his pink lemonade goes spraying everywhere!! At first,I figured he is a kid he was goofing off and managed to "break" it.Nope,we get him another cup and I catch him trying to do it again!! And,then instead of eating this kid (11 years old) is up and running around between the tables.I fuss at him,he sits.Thinks I'm not looking and hops back up.I finally raise my voice-"Sit.Down.Right.Now. or you will go wait in the car." (Not really going to send him to the car but,wtf?)

We stop at walmart to get my oldest son's glassess tightened.David takes off running down one of the asiles!!! I "catch" him and walk back to the car with him--we sat in the car while my hubby and kids finished up what needed to be done.We get back to my house...Sing happy birthday,cut the cake,open the presents. Before we even sit down to eat the cake David snatches Brian's favorite birthday presents and runs to the backyard to "try it out" and when we made him come back inside he tells me,"You are supposed to let me do what I want! I am your guest and I will be the FIRST one to try out this car.Or I am going home!!"

I told him that was fine-Brian's daddy will take you as soon as he gets the car keys (Probably sounds mean but my hubby RAN to my room for the keys).As David was being walked out to the car I overheard Brian telling him, "I don't think I want you to come back.You are not going to be rude to my mom.Even I don't yell at her like that,David.I'm going to your house to tell your mom that you were bad."

I can now seriously say-I dislike other people's kids! OMG-if my sons go to somebody's house and act like that I would hope someone would tell me.I would whoop their little hineys! This kid is 11-he has GOT to know better.I certainly won't be inviting him to go with us again.On Saturday Brian,his brothers and one friend were going to go to the go-cart tracks.I will not let him bring David--if he were to start not listening there he could hurt himself or somebody else.AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM

BUMP!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

beaularson91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM

DAmn that make me wonder how the kid acts with his parents...

hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

OH man! I have no idea what I would have done... He's 11??? WOW..Just wow!! I am seriously lost for words..

Torrie.Boyer91
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Haha wow... I don't think you were mean at all. I'm sorry but if my son ever were to act like I would woop him in a heart beat. Not in a bad way, but that is no way to act. You may be a guest, but that doesn't mean you are King! Besides, that is no way to act in public... I mean come on now, you are 11 years old. GET A GRIP BOY! I would have to say though " GO SON " he stuck up for his mama and not many kids do that. Most kids i see get mad at their parents for sending their friends home. So I applaud your son *claps hands*

Torrie.Boyer91
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM

OH

Happy 12th Birthday Brian!!!! 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I would say he was raised in a barn but that is an insult to the barn animals.

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM
You described 5 year olds...not 12 year olds...wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I know,right?The description could have been about being out and about with a toddler.

Quoting Paperfishies:

You described 5 year olds...not 12 year olds...wow.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I can't imagine how he acts with his family,kwim?It has got to be worse.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would say he was raised in a barn but that is an insult to the barn animals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN