Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im 38 weeks pregnant and feeling like im going to go into labor at any time. i want to know your birth story! i want to know the signs u had leading up to labor and how everything went from there!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (101-110):
LilmommaNS
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

At 41 and a half weeks I went in for an induction. 5:30 pm I was 2 cm and 90% effaced and having contractions about a minute apart but couldn't feel them.  I was given cervidil to increse the intensity and make my contractions regular.  I spent an hour in bed then walked for about an hour then back to bed. Tried to sleep around midnight and woke in pain at 3 am. Tried the tub for a while and walked more. At 7 I was 4 cm, got more cervidil and got a shot to take the edge off.

Everything sped up after that shot. By 9:30 am it had worn off and I asked for an epi. The doctor checked and I was 8cm so no epi but I got a shot again. I sat on the edge of my bed for about 15 minutes then went to stand up and my water broke. I was told delivery would probably be soon and to use the bathroom but do NOT push. As soon as I sat down my body started to push and I yelled to the nurse. I was assisted back to bed and told to push. 2 pushes in the doc decided to use the vacum (cord was wrapped around dd neck) then I pushed for about 2 minutes and had my little girl :)

Erica_Smerica
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM

My first was not ideal. 42 hours of labor. It started early in the morning. We tried walking through it, and relaxing. I wasn't in great shape, and at the time I had anxiety issues-- so walking and relaxing wasn't really happening.

At 7:00 am the next day we went into L&D. I was only a couple of centimeters dilated. I got the epidural. Everything progressed fast, and then it just stopped. Looking back, I think I was going through the natural alignment plateau. Unfortunately I let them up the pitocin. 

At 7:00 that night I was ready to push. 2.5 hours and an episodomy later, he was born. 

I was 41 weeks. He was 8 pounds 8 ounces.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with #2. We're planning an at home birth. I'm in a lot better shape both physically and mentally. We'll see how it goes =)

Emiliush
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

a day before labor I lost my mucus plug. and then I just had a feeling I'll go to labor the next day. so I went very early to bed to get some sleep. cuz I haven't been sleeping very well the week. and then it was around 3AM I felt cramps like feeling that was every 3 minutes. called my doctore. went to the hospita;. wasnt thatttt bad as i accpected. and i had my baby after a few hours! :) CONGRATS!!! AND GOOD LUCK.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM

no signs--I had to be told by my DR at my last two appts that I was having contractions (high pain tolerance, go me!).  I got up on a Monday morning and managed to make it to my kitchen, where my water broke. No contractions that I could feel. I ate a big breakfast, cleaned up around the house, and called two hours later. Had to go down to the DR office, where they thought I had peed myself, so I sat there for about an hour before I got checked.  Gushed water all over the exam room while I had my feet in the stir ups.  Went to hospital, got settled in, wound up needed pitocin because my water had been broken for about 8 hours at this point and no contractions.  That jump started things quickly, got the pitocin around 4pm, delivered just before 1:00 AM.   Hold off on the epidural as long as you can because it can slow things down--but know that once you ask for it, it can be at least an hour before you get it.  Mine wore off right as I hit ten centimeters and started pushing so I felt everything, including the massive tear and the doctor cutting, then sewing me back together.  Still worth it though!

supernoodle2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115994/forums/read/17052182/Meet_Sydney_My_labor_story_long_pic_heavy

supernoodle2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM

not sure how to make it clicky sorry

supernoodle2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

if that doesn't work I have a much better verison on my blog I can link here

Quoting supernoodle2:

not sure how to make it clicky sorry

hillybean1985
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
AWith my first he came earlyish at 36.5 weeks there was no warning, my water began leaking spontaneously in the middle of the night. I woke at 2am with a wet bed, tried to sleep it off by was too excited, contractions never started, i ended up in the hospital by 10am, they tried pitocin and it didnt work then a cervadil that didnt work, i took a break slept a few more hours then they tried pitocin again that time it worked it wass intense, it had been 48 hours since my water broke at that point, by the early morning of day 3 i gave in and got an epi and then had my son around lunch time... 56 hour labor

Second time around i had weeks of false labor, i lost my mucas plug and began a menstral like bleeding on my due date and then the contractions started i spent day one at 15 mins apart all day but stayed home, on day two they were 5 mins apart so i went to the hospital they kept me all day for a nonstress test and obserrvation then sent me home, that night around 1am they become 3 mins apart we went back to the hospital hey kept me that time i labored in the tub, with bad back labor, at around 3 am i gave in and got an epi again, i had my second son around lunch time on day 3 again.. 56 hour of labor i think im labor cursed lol
twinmom86
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
With my first I went to l&d because I thought I was in labor. I wasn't and they were going to send me home but decided to induce me instead. It was a good thing they did because I spontaneously dilated 2 cm while they were getting me a room and wad 6 1/2 cm. They broke my water and 3 hrs and 45 mins. later mmy daughter was born. I had just enough time to get an epi.
My second delivery was an emergency c-section. I went into pre-term labor with my twin sons at 29 weeks.
I just had my second dd a month ago. I kept having contractions off and on starting at about 5pm. Not a lot of pain and no where near consitent. I kept calling my mom every hour or so saying I might be going into labor and then again to tell her that the contractions had stopped. At about 10 I told my dh to go to sleep because I didn't think it wad going to happen yet. My conteactions were decently strong but still really irregular so I decided to go to sleep. 5 mins. after I laid down I felt a HUGE gush. I woke dh and off we went to the hospital. My contractions were 3 mins. and almost unbearable. My dd was born 2 hours after my water broke and no pain meds. I still can't believe I had her naturally lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I was induced with my son. my daughter I had went into preterm labor twice before I finally went. I had a ton of preasure with her and couldnt walk. With my youngest my water broke at home. All day I was feeling weird and I knew I wouldn't make it through the weekend. I ended up dialing 911 12 hours later and rushed into an emerfency csection. She was born in 15 mins of being rolled into the er.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)