Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im 38 weeks pregnant and feeling like im going to go into labor at any time. i want to know your birth story! i want to know the signs u had leading up to labor and how everything went from there!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I was very sick starting about 6months in and had to be on bed rest. About 7months in they were just struggling to keep me and my baby alive to get as far along as possible before delivery. My organs were failing so I had frequent tests to make sure I could last a little longer. I was called in the middle of the night to hurry and get to the hospital because the tests showed I was barely functioning atall *I chose to have a home nurse instead of stay at the hospital*. I was induced and had my beautiful boy a few hours later

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Wow! That must have been crazy!

Quoting ColieO:

I woke up and it hurt. My stomach felt like a giant hand was squeezing and twisting my insides while my stomach and back muscles were set on fire and stabbed with knives. Then we left for the hospital. My water exploded and bam. Kid born in the car.

Moral of the story, have a homebirth or don't wait until the contractions are 2 minutes apart. :)

JennPearce
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM
With my 1st- I started having contractions at 9am after a full night of getting sick. I was 4 days overdue. The contractions were about 5-7 apart so dh took me to the hospital. I was only 2cm so they told me to leave & walk. Then come back in a few hours. So dh took me to walk around the mall & it was fine. We decided to get a final dinner date in at red robin before going back to the hospital. That was awful! Lol! I was having contractions every 2 min & I could barely sit still & definitely couldn't eat. We left to go back to the hospital & I was in so much pain during the 10 minute drive there. I got admitted & checked. I was 6cm at 5:30pm. My nurse let me get in the tub & it relieved almost all the pain. I got out, walked around, and a few hours later at 8:30pm I was 8cm & I got an epidural. At 10pm I was ready to push but kept getting tired so they let me sleep until 11:30. I got to pushing again for a total of 4 1/2 hours! The final hour was with the vacuum. Had that not worked I would have had a c-section but my almost 9lb boy arrived into the world at 3:15 am <3
JennPearce
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM
With my baby girl- I was 1 day overdue & my dr decided to Induce me. I had high blood pressure so there wasn't much point in waiting any longer. I get to the hospital at 8am but there were 2 births ahead of my induction so I didn't get pitocin until 11:45am. At that point I was 2cm. I was stuck in bed or in a chair watching tv. Having contractions but nothing painful. They were every 2 minutes though. At 4pm my dr wanted to break my water to speed things up. He said he was off to nap since he thought it would be awhile. As soon as he broke my water and left things felt intense. I called for the epi but the lady was in a surgery so she couldn't get to me right away. I thought I was going to die lol! The epi lady finally came in but by that point I had the urge to push. I went from a 2-10 in an hour!! I pushed naturally for 30 minutes & my baby girl entered the world crying before she was even fully out. :) lol
brebugmom91
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Once upon a time, I had a baby.

The end.

Lol ok I'm just being an ass. I'm on my phone, and typing that much is a PITA. So bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
briebaby123
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I was 4 days overdue, and baby girl was too cozy!! (everyone gets mad at me for this...) I had the choice to get induced, and I took it. They said she was gonna be big, and heck yea she was!!
Morning of, no contractions, no pain, baby was not wanting to come out. So at 9:10 am I got my pitocin started, and felt NOTHING. By 1pm my doctor was like, "Are you sure you're in labor??" and broke my water (I was at 5cm and 80% effaced). At 5pm (and 8cm) I started feeling the "burn", and finally relented to get a bit of pain meds to take the edge off (I did NOT want the EPI)
I started pushing at 6pm to help get her into position, and I pushed for 1 hour and 45 minutes...she was out by 7:43pm :] 10lbs 0oz. :D
Barely much pain, but pushing for so long flattened my bladder...
And see if the baby is able to split you naturally, i've heard an episiotomy (sp?) hurts!!

havensmommy820
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the birth stories! Bump for
More I love reading them!
ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I was heading from a chemistry lab to a french class on campus at 29 weeks. I thought I was peeing on myself. I went to class anyway and then just felt more wet. No pain or anything. So I decided to go to the hospital. When I got there, they checked me over and said my water had broken and I was 3cm dialated. This was quite early, but they let me go through the labor. I labored for 22 hours and could not dialate past 5cm. So they prepped me for surgery and I had a c-section.

havensmommy820
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM

bump

lovelyladybump
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I didn't even know I was in labor. I woke up with cramps, and I called my dad to come get me because I didn't feel right. Once I got in the car I started having bad contractions. I was in denial and didnt want to admit that's what they were. They were 5 minutes apart and all in my back. Once I got to my dads and my stepmom saw me in pain, she drove me to the hospital "just Incase." They checked me and I was 8 1/2cm dialated. I got to the hospital at 11:30am and had DS at 2pm. I didn't have time for an epidural. My midwife didnt make it to my birth because she was 2 towns over and my birth was too quick. They gave me Demerol and gravol (the Demerol helped between contractions).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN