Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im 38 weeks pregnant and feeling like im going to go into labor at any time. i want to know your birth story! i want to know the signs u had leading up to labor and how everything went from there!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Same here..

Quoting Lindsey1112:

I had 2 c-sections so nothing to exciting here :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Snoopybaby11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

With my youngest son I was super exhausted on valentines day, I could barely keep my eyes open. Next day I woke up feeling better so Dh and I went out shopping. I was feeling a little crampy but ignored it for awhile, Once I realized the cramps were in regukar intervals we started timing them, I was freaking out I wanted to go straight to the hospital but dh kept saying it wasnt time lol I remember shopping for laundry soap and trying to breathe through contractions After checking out, going to another store and getting our other kids off the bus we finallly went to the hospital. The nurses didnt think I was in labor but sure enough I was, I got my epidural and about 1 hr later little charlie was here. Kinda boring story to anybody but his mommy lol 

Snoopybaby11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

My 5 yr old was fun though. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had to use the restroom but couldnt. I sat around for like 1o minutes when I realized I felt almost like a pressure so I wake up dh..call dr she says its not labor to just go lay down I just felt weird so we went to hospital anyways by the time we got there (20 minutes) I was completely dialated and ready to push. We were at the hospital for 2 minutes and we had a baby Lol

Maladro
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Around 6:00am I felt wet and like needed to pee, not much happened, I just felypt weird bit no pain or pain that I could clearly identify as contractions, around 7:30 my sister called to see how I was doing I told her I was kind of wet but not sure what was going on, she said "you are in labor" Get tour things ready"  I was waiting for my doctor to call me back, as my sister instructions I took a bath and got all my things ready, talked I the phone with my doctor and she said to go to her office for a check up wheni got there the nurses were very confused, my dr, saw me and confirmed that my water has broken and I was in labor....still no pain... Never mind that I drove myself 20 minutes to her office I Valle my husban and told him I was in labor we needed to go to the hospital, he as concerned we did not have the car seat with us (after carring it for a month in the car) my son was a little more than a week over his original date.... After I assured my husban that we would not need the car seat for a couple of days and anyway I could not go back to get I drove to pick him up at his office. Then he drove but I wish I had driven myself to the hospital because he was so nervous that his driving was awful. We arrived and checked in, around 10 am still no great pain, made had called in advance the hospital letting them know my water had broken and I was in my way.... It was not her day to be at the hospital so another dr, would be delivering my baby. After a couple of hours more I was still not in pain and nt dilating. The got me in pitosin, by the second real contraction I was crying for an epidural. After 5 more of those i finally got the epidural, all,this time at the hospital they were monitoring the babies heart beat, by 7pm my baby's heart had already diminished too much so they did an emergency c-section. Most of te time I was not understanding what was going on and why everything was such a rush after they took all,day so calmly. It got scatry but 7 minutes later I had a beautiful baby  boy, that they did not let me hold for ore than a second to take him to make sure he was ok. He spend the night at ICU and I could not sleep not understanding why they have not let me Hanover him with me more. I called around 5am and they brought him, he was (is) a healthy and beautiful boy all red for the lights he spend the night on but doing great and he still is very very healthy boy.

Looking back, of course as everybody I wanted a natural birth but I was going for whatever was needed and good for the baby I wish they would not have waited so long for the c section, no need to wait until the baby was exhausted and his heart beat was so low, they should have done it way before.

And for me, just for me (everybody can have their own opinion) epidural great saver and would not have endured more pain .... Just 5 or 6 real contractions and I could not stop crying from pain, but everybody is fdifferent and I do admire anyone that can have babies without any type of pain control.

for my second....scheduled c-section my dr said that I will never give birth naturally, I just do not dilate enough.

Good luck, you will do great and when you have your baby in your arms everything you go through is not important anyone, just that little person that steals your heart in a fraction of a second.

kaygarcia97
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I don't have one went in one week at 41 weeks. Did preop and at 839am Ella was born
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

all wednesday I was really really wet lol (TMI I know sorry) My water didnt break or anythig I was just really wet, I told my MIL that I feel like I wouldbe having the baby sometime soon lol Around 11:30 wednesday night ( 3 days past my duedate) I went pee and noticed I had a tiney bit of pink on the tolet paper, right then i KNEW lol. I made sure I took my last belly pic hahah and I went to bed, I didnt sleep at all lol I just watched TV and tossed and turned. I started feeling contractions around 1am not strong at all so I didnt even time them, around 4 they started hurting a bit but I still didnt think it was time lol so I trffed kit out till about 6am when I decided to wake my SO up. I had a shower and cooked my SO Eggs hahah I was scared to go to the hospital. we finally left and we were so calm ( ouf first baby) It was so weaird how calm we were. once I got to the hospital I found put I was 8 1/2 cms so I told my SO to call my mom Hahah ( I needed my mommy) I started getting scared so I asked for something for the pain ( a neddle in my IV) The contractions were nothing for m e at all I was so so lucky lol I was at the hospital for about 5 hours (felt like maybe 2) and it was time to puch. Pushing SUCKED lol it hurt but was not as bad as I tought it was going to be. I only got 3 or 4 stiches (that I know of/could see) and I really believe I only got a few cuz I didnt push super hard, I felt like I was going to rip in two if I pushed hard lol so I only puched easy. I only puched for like 30 mins before my DD was born :) she was 6 pounds 15 ozs and as perfect as can be 

CJTC0911
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM
DD: Around 10pm I all of a sudden got some pretty strong, consistant contractions. Around 11:30 I went to the bathroom & had bloody show, so I called the dr & they told me to come in! We got there around 12 & they monitored me! When they checked me I was 7 cm & 80% effaced! Got into my L&D room & was hooked up to an IV! I started to feel the urge to push, it was so strong! I didn't have time for an Epi, so they gave me some shot that oy numbs your for 1 hr! I pushed for about 15 minutes & my baby girl was born at 2:19am!

DS: Around 10pm again out of no where I got really strong, instantly consistant contractions! So I told hubby it was time & we headed to the hospital! We got there around 11pm & they monitored me! When they checked me I was already an 8 cm & 90% effaced! They got me into the room & said there was no time for pain medication! I pushed for about 20 minutes & my baby boy was born at 12:01am! That whole day before I went into labor with him I was having contractions that just felt different, they didn't hurt, but kind of a weird pressure! I had back labor with both mine, there was no abdominal crap type pain, just an indescribablely painful pressure in my lower back!!
greenie63
by Nancy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I have 3 children, so I'll keep the stories short. My first, my only girl was vaginal, she's now 22.  My water broke aroud 10pm, I was given potocin and she was out within 7 1/2 hours.

My 2nd child was an emergency c-section. He was breech and my OB attempeted an external version to get him to turn. He did but turned right back, then they lost his heart beat. I was rushed into the operating room and shortly after met my handsome son who is now 11. 

My last child was also delivered via c-section, he was also breech. He is now 9yrs old and quite the spoiled baby of the family so to speak. 

Momma the ultimate part of the whole birthing experience whether vaginal or c-section is meeting this little person for the first time. There's no greater love! 

jadsmummy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I was induced with my last. 2 hours 45 minutes and 4 pushes. Easy birth horrible recovery.
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I woke up at around 2 am cause it felt like I wet myself. It wasnt alot and id had alot of discharge so I took a shower and went back to sleep and woke up two hrs later and I was leaking everywhere. We rushed to the hospital. I was only 3 cm dialated and 60% effaced. Got started on pitocin at around 8 am cause I wasnt progressing. I was in so much pain they put me In The jucuzzie tub but it didnt help. I got the epi around 10:30 am and was naseaus the whole time they kept making me turn on my side and make me switch every 30 mins. The epidural only worjed on the right side of my body and by the time I was offered nausea meds I had already thrown up and felt fine. I pushed for maybe 5_10 mins kam was 7 lbs 11oz. my labia tore. Didnt need stitches but was given them just in case.he was born at 8:37 am aug 3 2012.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)