Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im 38 weeks pregnant and feeling like im going to go into labor at any time. i want to know your birth story! i want to know the signs u had leading up to labor and how everything went from there!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I am also 38 weeks. I am so excited to meet our baby! I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced, I also lost my mucus plug this morning. I have been crampy, but it is very very mild and no big deal. It's a waiting game at this point!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

The night before I felt some BH contractions but didn't have any other signs. The next morning I woke up with bloody show. 11am I had my firdt contraption, labor was mild till around 1.30. I got in the birth tub at 2.30 and he was born at 3. In water at home.

9 pounds and perfect! My labor was enjoyable and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM

With my first, I was induced because I was past my due date a little short of 42 weeks.  I went into the hospital on a Wednesday night and they started me on the cervadil.  By the next morning when they checked me I was only about 3 cm dilated.  They started my on the pitocin at 9:30 am.  At around noon when they checked me I was still only 3 cm dilated.  I was hoping to go all natural, but I was so tired from not really sleeping all night, that after talking with the nurses, I decided to get an epidural.  I got that about 12:30.  At around 2:30, I remember thinking that I was really feeling pain again and that I could feel my legs and everything just fine.  I told my husband that I thought the epidural was wearing off, so he told me to hit the button to give me more.  I told him no, because I felt that I was close and that I wanted the doctor to check me first.  By the time the nurse got the doctor back in it was around 3:00, when she checked me I was 10 cm and ready to go.  They called all the nurses in for me and the baby and got all ready and I started pushing.  After 20 minutes of pushing, my son was born. 

My DD was different.  She was a week late and i had an appointment to have a stress test done and an ultrasound to check my fluids.  the night before the appointment, while I was putting my son to bed, I started feeling some contractions. I went and told my husband that I thought I was having contractions.  I called my mother and told her that I was having contractions to give her a heads up just in case I had to call her in the middle of the night to come and stay with my son.  I went to bed to lay down and kept track of my contractions.  They were regular, but they were not 5 minutes apart. So early in the morning, I got up and took a shower and passed the mucous plug.  I called the doctor and I asked her if I should still go to my appointment or go to labor and delivery.   I don't think she believed that I was in labor, so she told me to go to my appointment.  My DH and I dropped my son off at daycare and went to the hospital for my 7:30 appt. I had the stress test done and I told the nurse that I thought that my contractions were getting closer when she looked at the print out from the test she told me that I was having contractions, but that they were not consistent.  So they sent me down the hall for my ultrasound.  After the tech checked me and told me that everything looked fine, she told me that I was done.  I asked her to please call the doctor because my contractions have not stopped and that I thought that they were getting closer.  She called and the doctor told me to come to the office.  I went out in the waiting room and got my husband and we walked down the hall to the office.  When the doctor checked me, she told me that I was 6 cm dilated.  I think she was surprised, she told me that I seemed so calm.  So she walked with me and my husband back down the hall to L&D to check me in it was like 9:30 am.  My husband made some phone calls and I answered all the doctor and nurse's questions.  I decided to go all natural which made it nice that I could get out of bed and walk around. At one point I told my husband to go get something to eat for himself.  At around 11:45 a, I text my husband to find out when he was coming back, because the contractions were now back to back and very painful (I was having really bad back labor).   He came right back and I told him that I did not know if I could take the pain anymore. I called the nurse and told her that I wanted the doctor to check me because I really thought that I was close.  A little after 12, the doctor checked me as she was telling me that I was 9 cm dilated, my water broke.  She told me that I could start pushing.  So after the doc & nurses got ready I pushed for about 12 minutes and my DD was finally born.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM

With the first kiddo I had regular contractions that increased in intensity and frequency. 

With the twins I had walked a long way at work and struggled to get back to my clinic, my back and hip ached so bad and my legs felt all shaky and wobbly thighs. That back and hip pain was constant though it did ease some that evening at home. I went to work and did my 5 hour shift the next morning, then headed home, that night I woke from a nap, stood up and my water broke at 11 pm the twins were born at 2pm the next day which was 5 hours before I was scheduled to be induced, the girls decided to come out on thier own terms rather than be evicted.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM

With ky first two?? Nothing. With my third,I had BH contractions on and off for two weeks, and bloody show for a couple days prior

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM

For me, I couldn't sleep. I got up, I felt a cramp, then I took a shower. Durking the shower I had two light contractions. I got out and that was it.. as soon as I stepped out of the shower I had a contraction that hurt like hell. So I knew. 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM

 My stomach was hard as a rock and the pain was a cross between burning and twisting. You will definitely know when it's time because it will be unlike anything you've ever felt before.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM

DS stopped moving as much, I felt it when he dropped (a week or so before) and then even more it seemed the evening before labor started. I was restless and couldn't sleep, no matter what position I tried, even tried sitting in a chair.

That's when the contractions started, 15 minutes apart for an hour, then dropped to 10 minutes apart, by now I was feeling it through my sides and back. I woke my mom up, needed to walk a bit, we thought it might just be practice so I sat on the couch and her on the footstool until they were 5 minutes apart (another hour later). I called my midwife, had a hard time talking through the contractions. They were down to about 3-4 minutes apart and I felt like I had to go to the bathroom, sat on the toilet and I told my mom I couldn't go, she checked me and I was bleeding, called the midwife back and she said it was getting close to pushing, just to go with it (she had a flat tire and was getting it fixed, her assistant was on the way). I paced a bit more then laid down on the bed. They were about 2 minutes apart when the assistant got there, completely through my back, sides, stomach. By the time the midwife got there (4 hours from the start, 2 from when I called her) they were about a minute apart, she checked me and checked baby's heartbeat. Asked if I wanted my water broke to help speed it up, the minute she broke it everything just kinda kicked into gear. They started coming faster/closer together, lasting longer, felt like my back was being ripped apart (I now know it was back labor). I forget how much time passed, but I started pushing, they lost DS heartbeat, got ready in case they had to call 911, as soon as he crowned they saw the cord wrapped around his neck, told me to stop pushing, unwrapped it and we were good to go again.

After 5 hours and 52 minutes DS made his way into the world and onto my stomach.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Our first daughter was born in 2002. I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions with her a few weeks before having her. The day I began going in to labor, my water began to leak/trickle down my leg after urinating one evening. I called my hubby immediately to come & take me to the hospital. After arriving at the hospital, I was in labor 13 hrs with her! I delivered her vaginally after 2 1/2 hrs of pushing. She weighed 9 lbs 7 oz.

Our second daughter was born in 2008. Since our first daughter was a large baby, I had a planned induction with baby # 2. I didn't have any symptoms prior to labor. I was induced at 5:30 am on Nov. 17th. The induction wasn't working, and she wasn't dropping down enough for me to push. I ended up having an emergency c-section with her. She was born at 8:00 pm via c-section that night. She weighed 8 lbs 2 oz.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I didn't know I was in labor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)