Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

C-section mamas: I have a question for you!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 7 Replies
Is there anything special I should pack in my hospital bag for my scheduled csection? I've never packed a hospital bag before. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I just don't know what to pack and I'm afraid I will end up packing everything but the kitchen sink. Lol

We have scheduled a csection for March 5th! Only 25 more days. And I'm counting down. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erikadi
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I would pack like you are packing for a four day stay at a hotel. I don't know about music, movies, or books though since I don't think you will have much time for those.

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
A fluffy pillow to push against your stomach when you sit up.....it hurts...bad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tiffany_AvonRep
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just say yoga pants, lose shirt, slippers, and basic bathroom stuff. I felt to bad/drugged up to even care about makeup. And their desposable underwear was my best friend there.
BabyGsMommy11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Like the PP said - a pillow for your belly. Sneezing and coughing are not comfortable. Also, get a step stool for home. Your first bowel
movement will not feel good either. Use the step stool to make your knees higher than your waist. It will help relax the muscles.

Also, for the hospital - do you have a rice bag? I loved mine (we had an in room microwave so it was convenient). It really helped w back pains associated w having to sit funny for so long. I also took a REALLY saturating lotion for
my legs. They swelled up like crazy and felt really dry and itchy. Chapstick!!!'
terpmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

A boppy.... Helps support your arms (and abs) while feeding or just cuddling your baby. 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
If you can get one, get a belly binder! Makes a world of difference when standing up and moving around in general.

Some comfy pants with a really stretchy waist band or drawstring waist...it's nice to have some coverage, lol.

Oh and for when you go home, buy some heavy duty pads for the bleeding. At the hospital they usually provide them but once you get home, you'll need some decent protection :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Oh and my nurse taught me a trick... Use a pad over your inscision (stick the sticky part to your underwear or pants so the absorbent side is o. Your inscision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN