Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anybody have a washer dryer set they just love??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 20 Replies

Dh and I are going to take some of our tax money and get a new set. Our old set was used when we got it and the dryer now takes 2 complete cycles to dry. Ugh!

We are a family of 5 so I want something with large capacity maybe a double loader? and a dryer that has speed dry setting. I have a mountain of laundry in the garage all the time!!!

If you have a set you love could you tell me the brand and model and how long you've had it, if you've had any issues, and approx. how much they cost you?

Thanks, Kim

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Love my Whirpool Cabrio set! We had a set at our old house that we sold when we moved into an apartment, and we liked it so much we bought a new set when we moved into this house. Ours is one of the largest (if not the largest) top loading washers on the market. Our family of four takes about 2 1/2 loads to wash everything. I highly recommend it!

beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I have the Kenmore Elite QuietPak 4 washer and dryer pair. I love them. The washer has a express wash setting and a steam treat setting.

The dryer has timed and preset cycles and an express dry.

Never had a problem with either one yet and I've had them for 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Indianamomto4
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Could you tell me approx how much you paid for them? Thanks

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Love my Whirpool Cabrio set! We had a set at our old house that we sold when we moved into an apartment, and we liked it so much we bought a new set when we moved into this house. Ours is one of the largest (if not the largest) top loading washers on the market. Our family of four takes about 2 1/2 loads to wash everything. I highly recommend it!

Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

We have a pair of Kenmore Elites, although I don't know the model #'s offhand, without trudging down into the basement.  They're large capacity frontloaders, and I've been really happy with them.  We have a Sears Outlet about an hour away, so we were able to get them for fairly cheap (they were floor models), and still get the service warranty on them.

Indianamomto4
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Do you remember about how much they cost? Thanks!

Quoting beaugrl0824:

I have the Kenmore Elite QuietPak 4 washer and dryer pair. I love them. The washer has a express wash setting and a steam treat setting.

beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
They were a black Friday purchase. I think they were about 1000 for the pair.

Quoting Indianamomto4:

Do you remember about how much they cost? Thanks!

Quoting beaugrl0824:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mopargurl
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Samsung front loaders, they're huge and fast. I got them at lowes for $1200 for the set.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We have the Platnium series, that normally run about $1100 each. But, we found a dryer at Sears Outlet and paid I think around $635 for it, and then we price shopped until we found a good deal and got the dryer for about $800 I believe. 

Quoting Indianamomto4:

Could you tell me approx how much you paid for them? Thanks

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

LadyDiamond927
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I would love love love a new washer! My washing machine is over 20 years old and won't break....that's the only way DH will get me a new one :)

Indianamomto4
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM

The new ones are so much more energy efficient than 20 years ago that it would probably save you alot on your electric....maybe bring that up to him?

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I would love love love a new washer! My washing machine is over 20 years old and won't break....that's the only way DH will get me a new one :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)