Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so I know this is probably going to open a can of worms but I need advice I've never had a littl on do this before. My youngest has been potty trained for almost a year but yeste day he came in and told me he needed to go potty. so I told him "ok go hurry' and he told me " no... want to peepee in my pants" I managed to convince him he should go that time but now he has had 3 "accidents" in the last 24 hours. how can I convince him he shouldn't be doing this. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Quoting yo_ho:

Both my boys regressed. Start over from scratch, what helped him to learn in the first place? If that doesn't work, take away his big boy toys. I also did a fav character underwear and told him not to pee on them, plain underwear after accidents, special underwear after using the potty.

the specail uderwear were the trick the first time... so back to mickeys. and taking away the big boy toys might help. thanks

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Best of luck! The relearning phase was much shorter, so there is hope!

I have my 3rd boy in cloth, not looking forward to that stage again!

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting yo_ho:

Both my boys regressed. Start over from scratch, what helped him to learn in the first place? If that doesn't work, take away his big boy toys. I also did a fav character underwear and told him not to pee on them, plain underwear after accidents, special underwear after using the potty.

the specail uderwear were the trick the first time... so back to mickeys. and taking away the big boy toys might help. thanks

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM

actually the first time was really easy after the cloth diapers... he already knew when he was wet and was begining to recongnize the feeling of needing to go...

Quoting yo_ho:

Best of luck! The relearning phase was much shorter, so there is hope!

I have my 3rd boy in cloth, not looking forward to that stage again!

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting yo_ho:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Let me know if him helping clean up makes a difference.   I did not know people still pinned their cloth diapers.  I know alot of moms who have the velcro cloth ones.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I know... I'm weird

I like the simple prefolds

Quoting frndlyfn:

Let me know if him helping clean up makes a difference.   I did not know people still pinned their cloth diapers.  I know alot of moms who have the velcro cloth ones.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM

thanks everyone

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

anyone else?

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM

so bumping this up once more...just to see if anyone has any more advice

AjsMom0508
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM
No idea my ds trained late at 4 and has never regressed or had accidents
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM

thanks...he hasn't had any for months and now out of the blue..

Quoting AjsMom0508:

No idea my ds trained late at 4 and has never regressed or had accidents

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)