Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bone Marrow Biopsy?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone had a bone marrow biopsy before? What does it feel like? it hurts, right? How bad?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

No one?

2curly
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I am sorry, I really don't know personally. I only have heard that it hurts.

dextersmykid
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Ive never even heard of a bone marrow bioposy.

dextersmykid
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

BUMP!

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommatothree01
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 AM

My ds had tons,  and my dd donated her bone marrow when she was 5.  It's fairly painful, but they will either put you completely under or give you twilight meds so you aren't really there anymore.  I don't have any personal experience, just what I've seen my kids go through.  My ds always had pain meds for 24 hrs after a biopsy, but he seemed fine after that.  My dd had pain meds for 2 days afterwards, but she donated from both hips and it hurts a lot more to donate than just biopsy.  She was up and walking 4 hrs later and running the next day.  She was sore, but not too bad. 

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM
My uncle had one, it was painful but nothing too bad. Take some time off if you can, rest helped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jroat3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I have had one. The doctor came into my room said we need to do a bone marrow and 5 mins later he was doing it. I had no time to think about it. I was so scared and no one was there with me. For me it really did not hurt during, it hurt after the local wear off. It bothered me for a week or so but nothing major, it was more of a pain to keep it covered while I took a shower. If you have any other questions just let me know. You will be fine. Jenny

BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Thanks ladies!

BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

HECK YEAH. My blood test came back normal for the first time since I was 16. WHOOP WHOOP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)