Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sometimes people really really suck!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
One of our best friends came over tonight. He looked tired and broken. Dh and I grew up with this guy and he is like a brother to both of us.

He came in and sat down and told us his wife left him. She works in forestry and got the chance to do a 6 month stint working in North Dakota. She's been gone 7 months now and has only visited her husband once on Christmas for 2 days. He broke his ankle very badly about 2 months ago and had to have surgery and couldn't get around his house well because of the 4 pins and 2 plates they put in. She didn't even call him on his day of surgery. He told us things had been ok when she left, not perfect but ok. When she came back for Christmas she refused to visit family and friends and also told him she never wanted kids ( they are catholic and he has always wanted a big family like he grew up in, something she has known for years). Apparently she has been sleeping with and living with a guy almost the entire time she's been gone. Our friend has been paying for her living expenses and even paid for 3 trips she took with her boyfriend! She told him about the guy the other day and she also said " you know, you aren't the only one hurting. Eric (the boyfriend) is hurting too. He's Christian and this whole situation is making him feel bad." Ugh!! She joined a mega church with her boyfriend and got saved so I guess she feels like this whole thing is forgiven by the man upstairs? She seems to have no remorse. She also told our friend that she wouldn't be back to pick up her things for months so could he box it up for her?

The man is broken! Picture the most loving, caring, committed man you can think of. Someone who loves kids, works with them every day, works with the church in his spare time, builds houses for habitat for humanity, remembers ever important date and comes up with creative ways to celebrate and loves unconditionally. This is the type of man she crushed. After he got done going to peices he had a new look on his face. A hard, bitter sneer. I've never seen the man even frown before! It's awful to see him like this. People can really suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM

that does really stink... just be there for him through this and help him remeber that people can be wonderful too.

SissyAnn141
All is well
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM

One thing, I have learned there are 3 stories to all things...

HIS, HERS , and the Truth  in the middle.

Do not always believe 1 side.

I have been there and done that- Narcissistic are very good.

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Oh I understand that there is more than one side here. But no husband deserves to have his wife run off and live with another man while he is left at home paying for it all. It's not right no matter how you look at it.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
All is well
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Quoting norahsmommy:

Oh I understand that there is more than one side here. But no husband deserves to have his wife run off and live with another man while he is left at home paying for it all. It's not right no matter how you look at it.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Get a hold of her, and hear her side ....

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
What a nasty slut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I tried, she is not talking to anyone, not even her parents. Her husband is currently hosting some Canadian relatives of hers and they don't even know what's going on. They keep asking where she is and he doesn't really want to blab drama in case she decides to come home and try to make it work. So all he says is that her work in North Dakota isn't quite done yet.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Get a hold of her, and hear her side ....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaSerenity
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
So, did she join a cult?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cindymedina
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:00 AM
She may think everything is going her way, but it WILL catch up to her. I can't believe she calls herself a church going or worshipping God kind of woman. Tell your brother/friend to pack it all. She does not need to linger around his home at all. poor man. God has a different path for him. Encourage him not to lose hope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Thank God she left him! Now he can find a woman who loves and appreciates him! This is an opportunity to find some one on the same page as him, who wants children, and isn't a liar.

Remind him that this isn't the end, the best is yet to come!
pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM
My fiancée is the sweetest man I ever met. His wife left him. If she hadn't, we wouldn't be as happy as we are today!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)