Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING CRAZY MAYBE TMI

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have a yeast infection its been about 3 days now but it itches like crazy. It itches so bad that I'm rubbing my self raw causing me to bleed. I have not been on antibiotics recently so I don't know what is causing it. I had one about 2 months ago that was so bad in caused a yeast infection around my breast. That one started right after having sex for the first time in almost 2 months. I have not had sex in almost 2 months so that wouldn't. Be the cause of this one. What can I do to make it go away or to stop the itching?? What would have caused it this time?? I know there are over the counter treatments but there so expensive. I tried going to the doctor today but can't miss work. Any advice or helpful tips would be great thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Your just going to have to suck it up and with go to the dr or go to a pharmacy and get an OTC yeast infection cream. There are generic ones that are less expensive than name brand. Also, don't have sex with anyone else until you know they, and you, are yeast free.

Try getting some vinegar and mixing it 50/50 with water and patting it on that area with a cotton ball. Do not redip the cotton ball unless you will be throwing the solution away after use. Wash your underwear in HOT water with vinegar in the rinse water.
SupermarketMama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Omg....this post made me gag and I'm not the squeamish type at all but good God picturing a bleeding itchy vagina full of yeast ..yuck. I've never had a yeast infection I don't even know that much about them in general but the itching sounds like crabs...I don't know much about crabs but I heard its like extreme itching..If I were you i'd soak in a super hot tub of vinegar and water ..shave any hair down there and than soak...get some vaseline and slather it all over your vagina to control the itching ..even if you do scratch you won't be digging into your skin because vaseline protects your skin .....and I dunno..wear some cotton undies . Sorry ..what you described sounds like hell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand why women would rather sit & complain instead of getting OTC meds? One day of having a yeasty beasty & i am at Walgreens by day 3, no more symptoms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JR007
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

ok number one thing is go pee after having sex, whether u need to or not make sure u go...it helps with ph levels and keeps  uti away too....also u pee is sterille and gets rid of all kinds of bacteria, and ofcourse regular hygene goes in place too... go to the store and get a crream for it, there are some out there, and if it doesnt goaway go see your obgyn

Due9
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM

This. Also, don't you know there are meds for it? It's not that complicated.

Quoting Cheribomb:

I don't understand why women would rather sit & complain instead of getting OTC meds? One day of having a yeasty beasty & i am at Walgreens by day 3, no more symptoms.

juggling

christina0607
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless you are 100% sure that its a yeast infection you should go see your dr.

If you are sure....why haven't you just gone to walmart and bought the medicine? who cares where it came form? 

Your last yeast infection caused and infection on your boob? what? Go to a dr!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)