Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wow! ** Pic in reply

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
We were expecting to be hit with a blizzard last night. The weather people always make it seem worse than what it is. However, I prepared away; stocked up on food, water, batteries, pulled out the flashlights, etc.
When I woke up this morning we had 25 inches and counting. I couldn't open my front door either. It's suppose to snow until about 2pm.
My girls are so excited. They're planning on playing outside all day, we'll see about that. I think my youngest will only make it a cOuple hours, she gets cold so fast and easily.
It's going to be a fun winter day!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM

My kids have been outside all morning...and they were outside all night. I have no idea what the total inches ended up being, but the plow left almost 6 feet to go through at the end of our driveway. It as almost to my husbands head. 

He's been outside with the snow blower for 2 hours now, lol. 

I'm just waiting for the driving ban to be lifted and then going to head down to the grocery store. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

i would have a heart attack if we ever get that much snow lol

christina0607
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Nah, it's actually not that big a deal. Once you shovel or snow blow your drive way...it's just snow on the grass. 

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM

lol I dont even do the little bit of snow we have lol. I dont like cold or snow :O)

My husband shovels snow I wont touch that crap if it requires me to be out side in the cold more then 5 minutes or touch the snow , I want noooo part of it lol

Quoting christina0607:

Nah, it's actually not that big a deal. Once you shovel or snow blow your drive way...it's just snow on the grass. 

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
7 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I freaking love it. We have 22 inches and can not see the street. We have had a ban on driving for a whole day now and it is not being let up. I have no where to go.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM
We only had like 8 inches here but the news made it seem like it was Armageddon. Everyone is acting crazy and my friend just told me not to take dd out cause its cold and dd has a ear infection. Yeah cause I'm taking dd out naked and she is not taking meds for it.* eye roll* why is it ok for us to play in the snow as kids but it's too cold for our kids now.? I don't get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I miss snow so much! Georgia sucks! I want my winter dagnabbit!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noahsmom310
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm in Ct we have about 28" couldn't open the doors this morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

We're snowed in - got over a foot of snow last night! We knew it was coming so we stocked up yesterday.  Now, it's just a play in the snow day.  Luckily, we didn't lose power and someone is coming to plow our driveway soon.  There's way too much to shovel.  I'm happy the sun is shining!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)