Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I really hate buying gifts. I'm just not good at it.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
I almost throw myself into some type of panic attack when gift-giving approaches. Even for my own children, I want to make sure that it is the absolute best! Well v-day is right around the corner and I would really like to surprise my SO with something amazing. But I have no idea what! If you celebrate v-day, will you be getting your SO anything? What do you have planned?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don't get him anything. He has already gotten me a new camera and he'll probably get me flowers...but it's a girls holiday. Oh and we'll pick up somehting for the kids. 

SareyF
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
We just do something small. I got him some funny vday boxers and chocolates that he likes (he's picky). I might get him a gift card to fill his growler or maybe some Abyss (local beer that's hard to find).
WendyJR
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I'm getting dh a Zelda shirt, new James Bond movie, and some candy. For the kids ill get them each a stuffed animal/book/small candy. I'll make them heart shaped pancakes with strawberries for breakfast. Dh won't be home on vday so the kids are my dates :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I don't want or need anything, DH will probably get me flowers. I usually make a nice dinner. I got DD pajamas for Christmas that I never gave her so she'll get them next week. Not sure what I'll get for DS. As a joke, I'm getting DH Calvin Klein underwear. (Remember the Super Bowl ad? I asked DH if I got them if they'd give him that smoking body and he said yes so I'm getting them).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
We exchange cards.

I don't like gift buying either. Everyone seems to already have everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My husband's gift is our daughter who will be born via c-section the day before. ;)

LOL we aren't doing gifts this year.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
good grief...if u need someone else to give u an idea on what to give your husband for valentines then more than a gift is needed
mommyloveee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Oh whatever!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

good grief...if u need someone else to give u an idea on what to give your husband for valentines then more than a gift is needed

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I am giving my guy a new mug.  That is what he wants a nice large mug for drinking coffee.  Perhaps fix him his favorite meal and make a heart themed dessert.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

He's getting a first edition of Treasure Island, which my friend found in their attic and gave to me to give to him, and banyan tree seeds, which have a significance to him. We live in upstate NY, so they might not grow, but I did a lot of research and we are going to give it a shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)