Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a snob

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
My SO wants to hang out with an old co-worker & the guy is a drunk. I'm talking slurring, repeating the same shit every 5mins. And he's mad that I won't get out of the car. We have our almost 8mo son bcuz we just left a friends babyshower. Not my kind of person. He probably thinks I'm a snobby bitch but oh well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
inspain
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I wouldn't waste my time with this person either and I sure as shit wouldn't tote my 8 month old along.  Go home and relax, you need that.

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I'm ill. I can't stand alcoholics. When we first got here we didnt realize he had been drinking til he was holding my son & let him fall & hit his head on a thick wooden coffee table. Then he apologized repetedly & SO asked if he'd been drinking....yep & he's drinking more now. I get that SO doesn't have alot of friends here but I would rather be lonely than waste my time on someone like him.

People always tell me how great it is that I've never done drugs or bcuz I'm not much for drinking, but I always feel the ones who do/have think I'm a snob for it. I loved hanging with the girl up the road, until she told me she loves smoking pot....she's pregnant

Quoting inspain:

I wouldn't waste my time with this person either and I sure as shit wouldn't tote my 8 month old along.  Go home and relax, you need that.

Momyplease
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
You are not a snob your a good mom. I would do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm staying in the car & got my son to sleep. The neighbor let this drunken fool watch her 19mo grandson & he went back inside with his grandma....20 MINUTES LATER this idiot asked "OMG where's Noah!?!?!" REALLY?

Quoting Momyplease:

Momyplease
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Good God. What a dig bat

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I'm staying in the car & got my son to sleep. The neighbor let this drunken fool watch her 19mo grandson & he went back inside with his grandma....20 MINUTES LATER this idiot asked "OMG where's Noah!?!?!" REALLY?

Quoting Momyplease:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

He dropped your baby???!!!!  And you didn't wak out the door, never to return, immediately after that?

As for the pot smoking pregnant woman...well, not my thing, but there is no proof that it's damaging to the fetus/baby and I've known a couple of well-educated, responsible women whose hyperemesis was relieved by pot and they opted for this over less safe prescription medication.  But your distaste for illegal drug use is up to you and you have your right to not associate with this woman for this or any other reason.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

I'm ill. I can't stand alcoholics. When we first got here we didnt realize he had been drinking til he was holding my son & let him fall & hit his head on a thick wooden coffee table. Then he apologized repetedly & SO asked if he'd been drinking....yep & he's drinking more now. I get that SO doesn't have alot of friends here but I would rather be lonely than waste my time on someone like him.

People always tell me how great it is that I've never done drugs or bcuz I'm not much for drinking, but I always feel the ones who do/have think I'm a snob for it. I loved hanging with the girl up the road, until she told me she loves smoking pot....she's pregnant

Quoting inspain:

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

oh well, let him think that.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN