Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just my luck

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
I woke up this morning feeling like crap; congested, headache, sore throat, ear hurts, achy and fever of 102.3. I went in the medicine cabinet and have nothing but children's medicine. I have everything for the kids and nothing for myself. Of course this would happen when we get hit with 30 inches of snow and everything is closed. I took children's medicine but it didn't do anything for me. It won't bring my fever down.
Hopefully tomorrow I'm feeling better and if not then hopefully the stores are open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you borrow from a neighbor?   Did you check your purse and overnight case?   I usually keep Advil or Tylenol in my bag......and my overnight case is a treasure chest of misc. meds and toiletries.

Feel Better!

navywife2377
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Can you borrow from a neighbor?   Did you check your purse and overnight case?   I usually keep Advil or Tylenol in my bag......and my overnight case is a treasure chest of misc. meds and toiletries.

Feel Better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WebCat
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Gargle with warm salt water for your sore throat.

Use a warm compress for your ear.

Stand in the shower, facing the hot water, cup your hand over your nose so you can breath, and let the hot water run over your face and nose. The humidity will help with the stuffiness and the warmth feels so good on your forehead.

Double or triple the dose of children's aspirin.

Drink warm drinks (preferably tea) with honey. You need to keep hydrated. It'll help with the fever. The honey will sooth your throat. 

Chicken soup does work. 

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

feel better soon momma :(

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I moved here not that long ago and don't really know my neighbors so I didn't feel right asking. I posted on my Facebook status that I didn't feel well and had nothing and one of the Mom's at dd's preschool had her dh drop off flu medicine to me on his way to work. We're friendly at the school but I never would have expected that.
It's nice to know that there are still such caring & giving people.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Feel Better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM
At this point there is a lot open. CVS and grocery stores definitely.
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting Jessica45:

I moved here not that long ago and don't really know my neighbors so I didn't feel right asking. I posted on my Facebook status that I didn't feel well and had nothing and one of the Mom's at dd's preschool had her dh drop off flu medicine to me on his way to work. We're friendly at the school but I never would have expected that.
It's nice to know that there are still such caring & giving people.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Feel Better!

That is so nice.  You moved to the right place!

aj23
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
How much of the childrens meds did you take? I prefer the kids stuff because it works faster but you have to make sure you get the dosage right or it won't do a thing for you. There's one that takes 3 cups full for an adult which is a lot of liquid but it works greats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN