Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My step mom passed away this morning. It was a big surprise. I'm numb. She and I weren't super close but there was love. She's been in my life since I was 3. Their wedding anniversary is valentines day. My dad is disabled and I don't know what he's going to do. We are planning on driving up for the funeral ( we are in Nashville and they're south of buffalo). I ran out of work crying when my brother called me. It's his mom. I'm just so very sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-16):
mizhoward
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Sorry for your loss.

trainlady
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. But take one big breath and step forward then take another and do it again. This is a time for you to be strong for your Dad and your Brother. You are the mother figure in the family now and you have some big shoes to fill. But you can do it and you know you can. Number One don't panic. Things will work themselves out as long as all of you hang in there together. Don't make snap decisions while in the grieving mood. Just remember to love each other and take a deep breath. God Bless
TJandKarasMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM
So sorry for your loss. It's never easy to go through a parent passing. I hope there is an ok transition and some peace for your dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I'm so sorry!! Hope you get up north safely and can settle your father's living arrangements afterwards.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
((Hugs)). I'm so sorry.
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  (((((((Hugs)))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN