Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tax form 8379

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:22 AM
  • 5 Replies
Do i need to file one every year cause last year i didnt send in one but they saw it from the prior year so my taxes wasnt taken for my spouses back child support which currently is under 600 bucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM

you normally have to send one in every year.. but if your refund is higher than the amount owed, sometimes its easier just to let them take what is owed and then get your refund and your debt is paid off

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

This...

Quoting darcibeisheim:

you normally have to send one in every year.. but if your refund is higher than the amount owed, sometimes its easier just to let them take what is owed and then get your refund and your debt is paid off

Master_Debater
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Every year, you just got lucky. You can have your spouse call the treasury offset hotline at 1-800-304-3107 to find out if they still have a debt recorded for offset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Definitely every year.

Quoting Master_Debater:

Every year, you just got lucky. You can have your spouse call the treasury offset hotline at 1-800-304-3107 to find out if they still have a debt recorded for offset.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

welcomeI'm not familiar with that form but it looks like you got some good advice. Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)