Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know what this could be ? (involving Mirena IUD) *Warning: a bit TMI* MINI UPDATE~ Now i am a bit concerned :(

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have a Mirena IUD...i've had it for almost a year.

My period ended a week and a half ago

My boobs have been killing me for the past week! 

Now , there is a thick white discharge....

I don't know what to think, and was wondering if anyone had the same thing?

MINI UPDATE: Ok so today i felt fine , me and SO had a bit of pea soup (fav soup) and my stomach started feeling a bit ill, i went and picked up DD from school...came home , laid down hoping that the feeling would go away.

We put on chicken for dinner (love chicken) and i by the time it was done i felt like i was going to puke at any moment from the smell , so i ran through the kitchen hoping to get out to the balcony for some fresh air ...i didn't even make it a minute on the balcony and i ended up throwing up (thankfully a trash can was there).

After that i felt FINE..and have felt fine since then, i was even able to eat dinner ....

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

bump

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Is there an odor to the discharge?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Nope , i have found that i get the odor during my menstrual cycle..but it goes away once it's done.

Quoting tinakinakins:

Is there an odor to the discharge?

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Is it gloopy and thick or clearish and stringy? it sounds like you could either be maybe ovulating or your lady parts don't like the foreign body and is trying to flush it out. Or your period is starting. If there isn't any odor or discomfort, just see if it stops.
Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Quoting tinakinakins:

Is it gloopy and thick or clearish and stringy? it sounds like you could either be maybe ovulating or your lady parts don't like the foreign body and is trying to flush it out. Or your period is starting. If there isn't any odor or discomfort, just see if it stops.

Its thick (not clear), I think it is me ovulating as well ...i calculated it and that is what it appears to be...

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Then I wouldn't worry too much. Now if it starts to be bothersome I would get it checked out. Hope I helped some!
kitty8199
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Could be bacterial vaginosis. Common with mirena. Go to Dr, or try a tampon soaked in witch hazel. It changes the Ph to make it incompatible with bv
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM

mini update

Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

there 's more info :(

Quoting tinakinakins:

Then I wouldn't worry too much. Now if it starts to be bothersome I would get it checked out. Hope I helped some!

sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I had mirena for over three years. When my period stopped, two months in, my boobs would get sore and I would basically have pms, just without bleeding. The obs will tell you to jut take a pregnancy test if you aren't sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)