Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mil won't watch son...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
Okay my mil wont watch our son because she dont want to wake up any earlier than 10am. I am now looking for childcare 2 days a week from the hours of 6am-9am he will be asleep most of the time normally since he don't wake up till 8:30-9. Any ideas where I can find someone that can do this? I have always used family but they were cutting my hours at work so I found a new job. It is the same shift just different days of the week and my Dh is not home those days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Check on Care.com. You might be able to find a sitter (like, college age) to come over for those few hours. That's kinda crappy of your MIL, but it's her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I agree it makes me mad but I don't want to cause trouble either because it is her choice. It makes me madder because she says she never gets any time with my son. I even told her I can pick him up at 9 or I could pick him up later if she wants more time to go eat, play, ect

Quoting beadingmom17:

Check on Care.com. You might be able to find a sitter (like, college age) to come over for those few hours. That's kinda crappy of your MIL, but it's her choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
How much should I pay for these hours?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Guess it depends on the going rate in your area....around here, $8-10 is average. It varies by region. It's also something you can discuss if you find a prospective sitter. You could also offer a flat rate (like $25 for 3 hours or something).

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

How much should I pay for these hours?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PestPatti
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Babysitting is not spending time with someone.  You are being PAID to watch them.    

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I agree it makes me mad but I don't want to cause trouble either because it is her choice. It makes me madder because she says she never gets any time with my son. I even told her I can pick him up at 9 or I could pick him up later if she wants more time to go eat, play, ect

Quoting beadingmom17:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
find new childcare its not her responsibility to watch your child.
Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I completely realize this. It just irritates me when she complains she don't get time with him but don't want him the times I offer. I offered to pay her. Just yesterday she asked to have him when I already have a Playdate scheduled, when I offered another time she said no, but later I saw posted on Facebook how she never gets time with her grandson.

Quoting PestPatti:

Babysitting is not spending time with someone.  You are being PAID to watch them.    

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
That is what I fully intend to do if you read the post.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

find new childcare its not her responsibility to watch your child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
That sounds perfect for an older person. They wake earl usually. Try care.com, call your local Sr ctr.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PestPatti
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely realize this. It just irritates me when she complains she don't get time with him but don't want him the times I offer. I offered to pay her. Just yesterday she asked to have him when I already have a Playdate scheduled, when I offered another time she said no, but later I saw posted on Facebook how she never gets time with her grandson.

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Hmm maybe she asked for that particular time because it worked for her, and your offering didn't.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN