Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My brothers gf just had their baby very early, 25 weeks 4 days they think. He is 2 lbs 4 oz but he is looking good! Mom is doing fine and was discharged this morning (baby is in a different hospital, so they discharged her pretty early I think...36 hours after her c section...to let her get to him sooner I think).

Anyway, when I knew she went into preterm labor I kept busy making some preemie hats, I have three for them. I am planning to go visit this afternoon (as soon as bro and gf are ready to let me in!) is there anything I can bring them? I have the hats, am thinking a congrats card with something nice written in it (a friend said no one ever congratulated her with her preemie, just said how sorry they were....and gf and I aren't on the best of terms, but I still care very much for my nephew and want to let her know that in the card), maybe a gas card for my brother since he will have to go to work about 35 min away and she doesn't drive but she can stay at the hospital with him. Maybe some snacks? What would have been nice for you to get?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (11-12):
Christy_517
by Invisible on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Gift cards for food and gas! Driving back and forth eats a lot of fuel. And if she's pumping, see if she needs a water bottle or large cup to stay hydrated. I drank a lot of water! Also a personal kit with extra pads and such.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Addysm0mma82001
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
My daughter was born at 22 weeks, Gifts cards for gas, food, or coffee shops are awesome. A home cooked meal delivered, keep sake boxes, that is just a few ideas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)