Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I lost my mom Monday, Where do I turn? PIOG EDIT WE DID IT!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello All..I woke up monday morning to find my dear mother had passed away in her sleep. She was perfectly fine on sunday at our super bowl party, and went to sleep about 1am and never woke upmonday :( She was only 46, the autopsy did not show anything so I am still lost on what happened to my mom..She was my best friend!! I still replay walking into the room and touching her back, my heart is completely broken. Im only 24, I thought I had so many more years with her :(

She did not have any plans set, or life insurance in place. So that left me and my sister to cover it all. I have called our local trustee and was told they "might" help, but the funeral home told us not to bother, they never have funds and never keep their promises, I called medicaid but they wont help bc she applied on the 31st and it wasnt approved yet, I asked SS and they told me bc I am not a minor and she does not have a husband, they can not help. I have raised $1000 so far and have $1000 left to bring my moms ashes home. I had to cremate bc burial was $11,000 and I was unable to afford that. I am not here asking for anything but a direction to go, Is there someone/somewhere I missed? Any other info would be great, after all of this, all I want is to have her home with her family where she can rest in peace. Thank you 

Please, keep the negative comments out of this, I have dealt with alot and am not asking for anything more than advice here.thank you all  

Sorry I forgot to add, I have asked fb friends and family and have gotten $115, I put out a donations box at the service ( our church did it for free) so we have raised half the funds that way. I come from a very poor family unfortunatly so we are left on our own on this. We have asked everyone we can think of. Thank you everyone for all your kind words, It means alot!! 

I got the suggestion from some of you that there was a website that you make make a wish on...SO I made the page, not expecting it to work since we owed so much and ppl are also going through hard time..BUT...someone called in yesterday and made an anon payment for the WHOLE BALANCE!!! I can not thank the person enough! Who ever it was. has the kindest heart! My sister and I are just so happy to be able to bring my mom home, where she can rest in peace with all her grandkids! Thank you everyone for all the suggestions..we did it!! 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry.

Brooklynsmom82
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Are you a member of a church they may be able to help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

i wish i had some advise....i am so sorry for your loss :(

maybe make a facebook page/paypal account and ask for community donations and for your friends to share it?

IHeartDraven
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I'm sorry for your loss
I would turn to the community. Ask family and friends to help you create a fundraising event(s). There are still a lot of good people in this world

Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your loass.  I really don't know what you can do.  But, here's a hug.

hugs

2curly
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I wish I had some helpful information for you, but I don't.  Do you have any other family or close friends that can help, even to just give you some direction?

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Hugs! I'm so sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Kayleen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I'm so sorry! I can't imagine losing my mom. My aunt (mom's sister) just died a couple months agoat 47 of a heart attack. She also had no will, life insurance or health insurance and left behind a husband and 11 year old daughter. Her and her husband just bought a house a few months prior to her death as well and her daughter is enrolled in orivate school and still had 5 months of tuition left. The funeral cost about $15,000. What her husband did was set up a donations fund at their bank and our whole family spread the word and raised enough for most of her funeral costs. Again, I'm so sorry :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michelleinfl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I can't offer any help, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your mom's passing.

stayathome510
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a website, I don't know the name...but, you put you write your situation and people who want to help others donate to the cause....try to look into this, its for real, as someone I know needed to use it and was able to get money for her dying mother's care cost.

God bless you, I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss and pain.  May He always be with you and comfort you in your time of grief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)