Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm still pregnant !

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am 38 weeks 3 days pregnant. Have been dilated 3 cm and now 60% effaced for over a week.  I lost my mucus plug yesterday morning. I am really going to try and enjoy these last days without a newborn to wake me all night even though I have pregnancy induced insomnia and don't sleep well anyway. I know labor can start at any second...I thought I would go into labor at Walmart today because I had to stand in line so long and my belly was so heavy and my hips were killing me. I thought about having sex to try and induce, but I hear that in is not a good idea because loss of mucus plug can lead to infection if anything (including penises) is introduced..also, no more baths for me. 

juggling

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Can you drink chamomile tea to help soothe you to sleep?  You have a little less than 2 weeks to go for full term.  Definitely try to get sleep in.

Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM

i hear conflicting reports on if Chamomile is safe or not while in pregnant. So I bought some peppermint tea and have been drinking it at night...it doesn't help, but it's very good!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Can you drink chamomile tea to help soothe you to sleep?  You have a little less than 2 weeks to go for full term.  Definitely try to get sleep in.

juggling

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM

At least peppermint tea is better than soda right?  I like sucking on peppermint candies.  DD is nearly 7 so cant remember what all is safe and soothing for bedtime.

Quoting Due9:

i hear conflicting reports on if Chamomile is safe or not while in pregnant. So I bought some peppermint tea and have been drinking it at night...it doesn't help, but it's very good!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

.PilesOfLaundry
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

i've heard walking helps and sex but i wouldn't where u lost your mucus plug already and a friend of mine tried castor oil but that just gave her the poops lol, have you tried to stimulate your nipples? i've heard that works too, sorry im not much help both mine were born by c-section, so good luck

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Take it easy when its time it will happen. I sat there where you are for almost a week before I went into labor. My water broke 20 min before he was born. Sleep that was a day dream the minute I dozed off it seemed like I had to run to the bathroom or killer heartburn would hit. Hang in there baby will come when. It's ready! 

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM

The baby will be here before you know it. Hold off on the sex since you lost your plug. I have heard that it can regenerate, but I wouldn't risk it being so close anyways. Go for a couple of nice long walks and stimulate your nipples. Castor Oil can give you strong (useless) contractions that can put your baby in distress. Don't risk that. Try and sleep. The last few weeks are the worst. We have all been there. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)