Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Update to school calling CPS ! Sorry so long.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 143 Replies

I talked to my dd yesterday and she said she never said she had asthma.  She said during mighty milers sometimes she gets out of breath eventually and she says she stops because she doesnt want an asthma attack because thats how you get asthma you have attacks.  Which actually makes sense for her. When she first had breathing trouble where she ended up on meds for a week.  She was little at the time. It was quite traumatic for her.   The dr explained to me that she basically had an asthma attack.  But that having one doesnt mean she as asthma its when it happens a 2nd or 3rd time that is when its asthma. I never explained it to her otherwise so how could she know.  As for the glasses she never said they were hers but that she knew everyone thought they were and she didn't correct them.   She didn't explain that they were not hers either when she said I wouldn't let her wear them.   I'm  just glad its all out in the open and the case can get closed.  I'm stopping by her Dr's office today to get a note that she doesn't have asthma. 

Well I just got back from a meeting @ school.  I decided my best bet was to go in there calmly and not screaming at people.  They started with their original story  that my dd had an odor of cat to her.  The lady from CPS asked if the day the report was made if tori had the odor and they started to say Yes but then the asst principal corrected them and said they had reports from some of the kids.  After the lady from CPS pointed out that she was at my house when tori got home from school and there was no odor they started to get honest. According to their story  now they don't think I'm a very good parent and that they felt they couldn't call for the reasons they wanted to so they hoped that if they called with another issue they felt was warranted that cps would investigate and find some issues.  I sat there with my mouth hanging open for most of the meeting. First I'm a bitch and I know it and they were polite when saying I was a bitch. But most of their issues were things that were sooo stupid. The things they mentioned was My dd does not have a bedtime. It seems tori likes to brag about not having a bedtime and she loves to mention that she can stay up as late as she wants. which not having a specific bedtime is true.  But if she's up at 9pm then she's up late.  she's usually asleep on her own rather early.  Another thing is tori mentioned once that she's never been to a dentist.  They did notify me once after tori had said it.  But I wasn't there when she said it or know the circumstances.  When i had asked her about it she said she meant she's never had a filling or a cavity.  when the school let me know of this i just laughed it off.   They also think she has asthma and that I'm ignoring it.  Which is something they've said numerous times to me but she doesn't have asthma. She likes to say she does because of a chest cold she had years ago and the Dr gave her a pump. Then back in October she had another cold with chest congestion and the Dr gave her a breathing treatment. When she doesn't feel like running in gym she pulls the I have asthma card.   they've mentioned to me on many occasions and I always tell them the same thing she doesn't have asthma.  I didn't think i needed to send her with a Dr's note saying she doesn't have asthma.  They also think that she needs glasses and I won't let her wear glasses.  She's failed the school eye test twice.  both times they sent me home forms telling me she failed and to get her checked by an eye doctor. Which I did.  She doesn't need glasses.  Didn't think to send back forms saying she doesn't need glasses.  Dh has a pair of reading glasses he bought that were a bit girly.  When he got a 2nd pair not so girly he put the girly ones away in a draw. Well tori found them and started sneaking them to school.  Told everyone they were hers.  She was wearing them for over a week before i found them in her bookbag and took them away from her.  She went to school the next day and when she was asked where her glasses were she told them Mommy won't let me wear them. There was several other stupid things like that.  I do now believe she may of went to school one day and had a smell of cat on her.  So I've decided she wont' wear her uniform anymore.  Those are the only clothes i lay out for her at night and anything that the cat had a chance to pee on. so just to make sure she'll wear regular clothes. CPS is going to close out the case.  I signed the medical form so that CPS can check that she doesnt have asthma and that she doesnt need glasses.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChocolateJunky
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Sounds like a mess. I used to get my parents in trouble all the time with family. I had a very vivid imagination and liked to stretch the truth. Never had CPS show up, though. I'm sure my mom was always waiting for them to come knocking. I hope this all clears up for you.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Re the cat pee thing..does she not have a closet to hang clothes in? Or a drawer? My DD takes her clothes out the morning of school...

Oh and how would not wearing a uniform help that? Wouldn't the cat just pee on the non-uniform clothes laid out as well? Or is it partial to uniforms...i'm confused by this.

One last thing: do something about the cat, that is nasty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Lol Me too! I used to wear costume glasses and pretend I needed them, I told my teacher I slept on the roof...I can't even remember all the BS I used to come up with! Lucky for my parents, the schools weren't so sensitive back in the late 80's/early 90's! Lol

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Sounds like a mess. I used to get my parents in trouble all the time with family. I had a very vivid imagination and liked to stretch the truth. Never had CPS show up, though. I'm sure my mom was always waiting for them to come knocking. I hope this all clears up for you.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Re the cat pee thing..does she not have a closet to hang clothes in? Or a drawer? My DD takes her clothes out the morning of school...

Oh and how would not wearing a uniform help that? Wouldn't the cat just pee on the non-uniform clothes laid out as well? Or is it partial to uniforms...i'm confused by this.

One last thing: do something about the cat, that is nasty!

Her uniform was the only thing that was laid out and that the cat had a chance to pee on.  I don't smell anything wrong with her uniiforms but just incase she won't wear any of them and I won't leave any of her clothes out the night before.  Just to be safe.  No one else has had any issues about cat pee so I'm assuming if it was true then it was an accident. 

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
15 moms liked this

sounds like your daughter is causing some issues and you need to address her lying problem. 

SoltaniMommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

(lol)

The school was that scared of you?!?

im curious to know what was it about you that frightened them so.  Do you look gangstalicious with a hord of tattoos all over your face or are you soooo rich that you threaten to buy the school then fire each and everyone of them?

details please...

i mean you can't be that bad with a Tardis as your avi... j/s

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

sounds like your daughter is causing some issues and you need to address her lying problem. 

yeah we are going to talk about her story telling.

dommad2
by Tamara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Exactly! It doesn't sound like the school has the problem and honestly I can see where they were coming from. Remember they only have your DD's best interest at heart and if your DD was being honest and you were following up with forms than none of this would be happening.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

dommad2
by Tamara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Maybe have the lady from CPS talk to her.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

yeah we are going to talk about her story telling.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Are the uniforms required? I hope DD learns her lesson about lying after all of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN