Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i totally need help and opinions please

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
My 5 year old daughter will be six in October and starting kindergarten in August. She always pees her pants, has accidents, holds her pee to the very last second and..... Well has am accident. 8 out of 10 pairs of undies are wet. I've had her checked for uti. She doesn't pee at all. And she wears at night too. She was so Stubborn to potty train too. It didn't happen until she was 37months. I'm out of ideas to get her to go pee and stop peeing her pants. And also I make her sit... She will sit and sit and not pee then 10minutes later pee herself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MawMawKelton
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My friends son did that. They finally found out it was because it hurt when he peed (at the toilet) and he thought if he didn't pee at the toilet it wouldn't hurt.  It became a habit for him and now he does the same thing when he poops. He will not poop on the toilet and will hold it and he gets really backed up to where they have to go to the Dr a lot.  

I don't understand it. My kids never did that but I feel bad for her and for you because it must be very frustrating !

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

hugs 

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Does she want to start school? That was a big thing for my DD. She doesn't have accidents, but she didn't want to learn how to wipe after pooping. We told her that she wouldn't be able to start school until she was able to wipe herself and amazingly she could do it by herself. Its worth a shot anyways. Good luck!

awesome-blossom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Bump
awesome-blossom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Bump
lmjess
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

What does the doctor have to say about it? I'd rule out anything medical first.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I'm not sure... I know sometime they can be really stubborn.... but heres a bump
AjsMom0508
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Did you have to force her to potty train? If so that is likely where the problem is.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Will they let her start kinder? They don't allow kids who aren't toilet trained unless they have a disability to start kinder
TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)