Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP! Interesting ways to tell him 'We're expecting!'???

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please help!

Six years ago I wrote a short note to my husband before leaving for work that he was going to be Dad, and I've since regetted not telling him in person... This time I want to do it differently. What are some different ways that you, or someone you know, have broke the news?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DKk0531
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
we are ttc right now. My plan is to tell him we have to go to the dr...not why...just that i have a dr appt at the VA hospital and then get the confirmation. After i get the confirmation, take dh to like jc penny or somewhere with babyclothes and say so what do you think should we buy one outfit for each a boy and a girl sense we wont know what we are having for a few more months...hopefully he figures it out lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, dear.

With our children, telling him face to face, and letting him see my excitement in telling him, was enough of a surprise.

I am not into telling a father-to-be some elaborate dramatization.... I think my surprise and excitement is enough for him in regards to breaking the news.

I don't think learning about it on a filmed youtube video or through some dramatic balloon release is any more special than running down the drive the moment he gets home and jumping on him crying, 'we're having a baby!'

jgates1111
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I have a shirt i was given during my last pregnancy that says every loves a pregnant chick that I plan on wearing one day and getting my LO a shirt that says Best big brother or something andseeing how long it takes him to notice

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We both knew I was pregnant, so he picked up the test for me. I went in to the bathroom, the result came back and I walked out and said "Well, time to call the doctor" 

That was pretty much it lol. 

We told both of our mom's by buying them matching diamond journey necklaces and cards. 

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My SO and I were surprised at the sametime lol He sat on the tub while I peeded on the test lol we sat in the bathroom and waited untill it was time to look 

mrssummerlin
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I'm no help on cute ideas. I jumped on my DH at 5am crying with a test in hand.

He didn't fully process it until later that day at work and he called me and asked if I told him I was pregnant that morning, haha!

dkrmlr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'd wrap up a baby doll or pregnancy test and give it to him. Or do a little photo with you pretending to throw up in the back ground and someone giving a thumbs up, add a "you did it! Contraptions" captions. Something like that lol

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I got my oldest a T-shirt that said "I'm The Big Brother". And had our son go get in his lap. I ask my DH if he like the sirt. DH glanced at it and said "Yeah it's cute". He didn't even read it. lol When I was pregnant with our third baby I got shirts for both of our older kids. My DH is now use to me showing him all the clothes I buy for the kids. I showed him the one for our oldest. Ad he said Oh thats cute. And I showed him the one for our DD and he said "Hun you got the wrong one. That says Big Sister" And I just smiled. And His eyes got big and he stuttered "Big Sister?" It was funny.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
With my last pregnancy I made my 2 dds shirts that said "Big Sister" and then put together envelopes with little hints in them, "Pink or Blue what will I be?" I did 6 of them and sent him all over the house and yard looking for the next clue and the last one brought him to the nursery where my girls were wearing their shirts and they gave him the last envelope with the Clear Blue that said "pregnant" He really liked it! Other then that I have just told him, or he was there when I got the positive.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Hubs cousin put a bun in the oven and took a picture of it and sent it to him... When he got home a few minutes later he was like waht in the world was that and she handed him the positive pregnancy test.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)