Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do I really need to see a dr for this? TMI possible

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 28 Replies

For about a month, I've been extremely light headed, mostly at night before I leave work. I'm getting very light headed  and tired, sometimes on the verge of passing out but I never do. I also have not been sleeping thru the night, always have to get up and go pee. And it's not just once every few nights, it's every night.

So I tried changing my diet around, drinking less soda and tons of water - still the same symptoms but with headaches from caffine withdrawl. Well I picked up drinking diet sodas and now not only am I still feeling the same way, I also started feeling more drained in the mornings with flu like symptoms but never no flu.

Things I know for certain, I'm not pregnant. I drink LOTS of water every day but cut out the drinking an hour before going to bed in hopes that I wont get up in the middle of the night to pee (like I said, doesn't work).

No major changes in my life, same ol bm drama as always but nothing out of the ordinary. I haven't had any colds, I have my flu shot, no new tattoos or piercings or anything that could've given me an infection. My house is clean, I bleach my kitchen and bathrooms once a week like always. I eat a lot of veggies and very few red meats but I still get my protien. I don't drink or do drugs...

I'm just at a loss. Does this really need a dr visit? I'm not asking for anyone here to "diagnose" me with anything, it just doesn't seem like something I would need a dr for but I can't stop the symptoms

Follow me over to my group for Neonates, Baby think it over, realcare, and reborn! Collectors welcomed! Click the Pic!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashandmasysmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I have a.vitamin defiency and thats how i feel when my levels gets to low. The only way to know though is a blood test. And since having Kids i always get up in the middle of the night to pee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I read an article today, not sure of it's validity, so I suggest you do some research. Anyway, the article said that the artificial sugar in things like diet soda can actually turn to a poison and cause some of the symptoms you've listed. PLEASE DO RESEARCH. 

But yes, I think you should contact your doctor and get checked out. Being lightheaded is nothing to mess around with. A lot of things can be wrong. 

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the doctor's to be on the safe side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I would definitely contact a doctor about blood tests to check for deficiencies.  When you say "lots" exactly how much is that?    12 8oz servings or more?

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I'd go. You never know...
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Sounds like diabetes.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

probably best to go and see what they tell you

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Yes

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I'd go.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Go. It could be something simple like low BP. It could be a tumor, but you won't know until you go to a doctor and get the proper tests done.
And btw, a tumor is very unlikely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)