Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where does your baby/toddler sleep?

Posted by   + Show Post
I used a pack and play for a crib for my son. He's slept in it for about 4/5 months before that he slept by me. Anyway he's 14 months old and 32 inches long. He's getting to tall for it. I thought about a crib that converts to a toddler bed but would they be about the same length? How many of you use a convertible crib. Do you like it? Or at 14 months should I just look into a toddler bed do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
whatssleep
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Yup I know the feeling that is why he slept with me till he was 12mo when the risk of SIDS drops. Many are against bed sharing but personally I think the mother and infants bodies are more in tune that way. Before he was a year about 10 months or so I started using the crib for him to fall asleep so he didn't need to me to fall asleep anymore then I'd get him lol. Now he prefers not to sleep by me anymore. It's good but I miss him breaks my heart

Quoting Mrsfarr:

She doesn't even have her own room yet. Her crib is at the foot of my bed but I think my problem is that I can't see her if she's in it.

SIDS scares the sh*t out of me and I want to constantly check that she's still breathing. :/

Quoting whatssleep:

Sometimes I do lol

Quoting whatssleep:

Lol I'm the same way! Transitioning him to his own room in the pack and the play was way harder on me than him! I'm still fighting the urge to go get him most nights :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I'm supposed to be putting her in her crib but I feel like it's SOO far away from me, I end up taking her to bed with me in the middle of the night.

I'm going to have a hard time getting myself to stop doing that as she gets older.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I was looking up the age "cut off" for SIDS today. I was hoping it would be like 4-6 months. I was devistated when I saw it was a year. That's so long, I feel like I'm not going to live through it emotionally.

Quoting whatssleep:

Yup I know the feeling that is why he slept with me till he was 12mo when the risk of SIDS drops. Many are against bed sharing but personally I think the mother and infants bodies are more in tune that way. Before he was a year about 10 months or so I started using the crib for him to fall asleep so he didn't need to me to fall asleep anymore then I'd get him lol. Now he prefers not to sleep by me anymore. It's good but I miss him breaks my heart

Quoting Mrsfarr:

She doesn't even have her own room yet. Her crib is at the foot of my bed but I think my problem is that I can't see her if she's in it.

SIDS scares the sh*t out of me and I want to constantly check that she's still breathing. :/

Quoting whatssleep:

Sometimes I do lol

Quoting whatssleep:

Lol I'm the same way! Transitioning him to his own room in the pack and the play was way harder on me than him! I'm still fighting the urge to go get him most nights :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I'm supposed to be putting her in her crib but I feel like it's SOO far away from me, I end up taking her to bed with me in the middle of the night.

I'm going to have a hard time getting myself to stop doing that as she gets older.

Demandatory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I am having a heck of a time getting my dd to sleep in her own bed but have not really bugged about it justifying it that we spend so little time together between me working and her to her dads on weekends. He gets frustrated cause se has her own room and of cours wants to sleep with him ...I do. Try I do put in her bed initially she usually Crees into
Mine later I put her back she comes back so I'm like whatever we need out sleep that's precious quality quiet time we get to spend together ....her whole face changes She looks at me like
I don't love her anymore that's why I don't want her there
Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

My 13 month old fits comfortably in her convertible crib, but a this late in the game I would get a toddler bed.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM

When they were babies they slept with my husband and i.

MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM
My kid slept in a crib until he was almost 2 and then went straight to a regular bed. We skipped the toddler bed , it just seemed like a waste.
jadsmummy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM
My youngest 3 months sleeps with me in the master because he wakes to nurse and woke everyone up and being so young its not safe to cosleep with dh and his big brother so they cosleep in the playroom. it actually works out great this way for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)