Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby name help.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 46 Replies
So I'm pregnant with baby number two.
My first was a boy. Maxwell. :)
I really want a girl this time.
I'm almost 16 weeks and will find out the gender march 8th.

I have a few names I like but no ideas for middle names except for one.

Olive if a girl.
Oliver Tate, Samson, or Sampson if a boy.

If you wanna through out other name options too that would be fantastic. :)
Or if you like the names I put down let me know that too.
Thank you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:08 AM

dont take this wrong but as white as you are your going to name a girl olive. If daddy isn't a different race her skin won't be olive and the name won't fit.  ps congrats Just curious why olive?

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I just like it and just because I'm pale doesn't mean the name olive won't fit someone.
I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

dont take this wrong but as white as you are your going to name a girl olive. If daddy isn't a different race her skin won't be olive and the name won't fit.  ps congrats Just curious why olive?

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM

yes I am aware of that, just the first thing that popped into my head. so name her olive. I just thought it would fit an olive tone complexion better. but I have no room to talk my kids have names that are out there. what are you going to give for a middle name? any ideas? I can't think of any middle names that would go good with it but I am very tired and had a very bad day. I might be able to tomarrow.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I just like it and just because I'm pale doesn't mean the name olive won't fit someone.
I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Haha. It's okay.
An I already knew I would get all kinds of comments and such so no worries.
And I can't think of one so knowing me if I can't I'll just think of something else I like instead like I did with my first.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

yes I am aware of that, just the first thing that popped into my head. so name her olive. I just thought it would fit an olive tone complexion better. but I have no room to talk my kids have names that are out there. what are you going to give for a middle name? any ideas? I can't think of any middle names that would go good with it but I am very tired and had a very bad day. I might be able to tomarrow.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM

if you have a warped sense of humor go olive oyl. :)

hey olive rayne? I almost named one of my kids rayne lol. like I said my kids have wierd names.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Haha. It's okay.
And I can't think of one so knowing me if I can't I'll just think of something else I like instead like I did with my first.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Haha. I've really considered just going with oyl. I don't think that would go over very well with everyone though. :)

Quoting opinionatedmom:

hey olive rayne? I almost named one of my kids rayne lol. like I said my kids have wierd names.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Haha. It's okay.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I think it is cute but it probably would get her picked on in school. only people old enough to remeber popeye would understand it.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Haha. I've really considered just going with oyl. I don't think that would go over very well with everyone though. :)

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Haha. It's okay.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I know.
But now a days it doesnt matter. Kids pick on other kids for anything.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I think it is cute but it probably would get her picked on in school. only people old enough to remeber popeye would understand it.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Haha. It's okay.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

I think it's cute.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:40 AM

that even happened in the old days. part of life. it has to be a short middle name. give me some other girl names you like.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

Yeah I know.
But now a days it doesnt matter. Kids pick on other kids for anything.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

KlingyMomma
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Olive Renee
Olive Rochelle
Olive Allison

I love love love Oliver Tate :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN