Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stupid dentist

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Went to a new dentist today. I had been cheap and was going to the health dept. They fixed the cavities but you get what you pay for and my fillings were falling out less than a year later. The new dentist was concerned about the wear on my teeth(im a night grinder). He also said he would repair the one filling that recently fell out. Insurance won't pay for it! They say they won't pay for a filling on the same tooth more than once every 24 months. So I paid ahead so I would not have to worry about it. They schedule the repair. Mind you my tooth hurts like hell. They schedule it for March 15th! So I folded and bought that temp repair shit from walmart. least now i can eat.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'm sorry but dentists book out too and it's not their fault you're in pain. We have an ASAP list we put patients on in case there is a cancellation and they can come sooner. Hope the stuff helps your tooth and you can get in soon!! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Ditto.My dentist is always calling me before an appt. to let me know of a cancellation,asking if I'd like to move my appt to then.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

I'm sorry but dentists book out too and it's not their fault you're in pain. We have an ASAP list we put patients on in case there is a cancellation and they can come sooner. Hope the stuff helps your tooth and you can get in soon!! Good luck!!

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Even when the appointment was for that tooth? It's normal to just look and say yep it needs fixed, lets schedule that?

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Oh, you made it seem as though it was the appt to fix the tooth. If you are waiting for an exam, I would find a different dentist.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Even when the appointment was for that tooth? It's normal to just look and say yep it needs fixed, lets schedule that?

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by Katie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

No the exam was today and they cleaned my teeth. But scheduled me a month out to fix the filing, after telling me the nerve is large and on the surface.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Oh, you made it seem as though it was the appt to fix the tooth. If you are waiting for an exam, I would find a different dentist.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Unfortunately that happens. Dentists book out with other patients who need treatment as well. Unfortunately not every patient in pain can get in the next day. Did they give you an antibiotic or any instructions? You may call to let them know you would like the chance at a cancellation appt but otherwise it's just how it works. Sorry.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

No the exam was today and they cleaned my teeth. But scheduled me a month out to fix the filing, after telling me the nerve is large and on the surface.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)