Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dental crown!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
I had a root canal done on tooth number 5. It's a tooth that's very visible when I open my mouth. Anyway went back for the temp crown. The dental assistant didn't show me the temp crown or anything. I get in the car and start driving them look in the mirror. Guess what I see? A gold crown that is shorter then the rest of my teeth on that side. Wth?'?!? I called the office and asked them if that's normal procedure. I deal with the public. So she says I will call you back. A few minutes later someone else calls and was like." I can't believe they put a gold crown on tooth number 5. So she asks if I can come back. Went back and received another temp crown but al least its white. Anyone have experience with crowns?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Your temp crown is supposed to be smaller then your other teeth. Your gums are sore from your root canal, and you shouldn't have any pressure on it. Plus, if its touching the top teeth, it will more then likely get knocked out. Your permanent one will fit better.

zombiemommy7
by mamakels on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Ouch, root canal. Worst pain ever.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I don't remember the temp. I don't think i had one. I had a cracked tooth, not a root canal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)