Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kids

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey what a blessing 2 have found this site. My concern is about my son who is 11yrs old hes a very bright child just seems 2 b making bad decision. I take him 2 cousling and have people who i think he will listen 2 speak 2 him nothings workin hes just not motatived. I dnt wanna lose my son any ideas pls let me no thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM
What kind of bad decisions?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I agree.  What sort of bad decisions and what consequences do you have at home for when he makes these bad choices?   The same goes for a tween that goes for a toddler.  Consistency for consequences makes a big impact.

stressed-mom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Hes actn out n school by not turning n his homework after we have sit down n done it,He goes 2 class n disrupts the class,gets put out of class his teachers always sayn how smart he is when hes focused. I punsh him by takn the things i no he like or enjoy he still go 2 school n do the same things
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Quoting stressed-mom:

Hes actn out n school by not turning n his homework after we have sit down n done it,He goes 2 class n disrupts the class,gets put out of class his teachers always sayn how smart he is when hes focused. I punsh him by takn the things i no he like or enjoy he still go 2 school n do the same things

Has the school gotten involved in helping to resolve the issues at school? If not, ask them for help. They should be able to help you. Have you considered having him evaluated for ADHD? It could just be his hormones and the changing of his body that is causing issues.

LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! What bad decsions is he making. Is it with friends or not doing homework? I always found the best thuing was to reward for good behavior. Remove for bad. (IE take away privledges, gaming consoles, phones etc) And being consistant. Don't let him get away with something once, he'll try again! Good Luck! 

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)