Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's the difference between these people and what do they do?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

Group Owner

Head Admin

Group Admin

And why are some groups member owned?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Master_Debater
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I own a group and I'm not even sure of exact differences. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom21
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM
What they can do. Group owner has complete power. Head admin and group admin help monitor the group and take member complaints ect. Head admin has more power than group admin. Not sure on the specifics. Some groups are member owned because the member makes the group then recruits others she thinks might be interested. Small intimate groups are a lot friendlier than NC and MC lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Group owner is the one that owns the group. They have all administrative power for the group

Head Admin has the same powers as group owner but isn't the group owner

group admin has some administrative powers for the group but not all.

Cafemom allows members to create their own groups. The ones owned and ran by Cafemom are not member owned. They are site owned. The individual groups started by members are member owned.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

If you click on the FAQ's at the bottom of any page, you will see a list on the right. Click on Group Administration. I use it all the time.

I found this:

There can be up to 3 types of users on a group's admin team. 

Here is what each of them is able to do:

Group Admin: Has access to most member and forum management functions (accepting applications, deleting posts, etc.), but not overall group settings. She also has ability to feature posts. Each group can have any number of Admins.

Group Head Admin: Has almost all permissions Group Owners currently have, including access to most group preferences and managing a group's admins. Each group can have any number of Head Admins.

Group Owner: Can transfer group ownership, manage head admins, view removed members, and update member maintenance settings. Each group can only have one Group Owner.

abecee
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Thank you Lancesmom.   Perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN