Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So Annoyed!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

How can someone have the nerve to ask me to borrow money (that we need) but yet when I asked her to help me by watching my son over the summer and I would PAY her she wouldn't help me out? So now everytime she asks me to borrow money I make up some excuse why I cant. Does this make me a bad person? lol It's just so annoying to me that she keeps asking.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StarShineJane
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Is it just a friend? I don't loan money to friends anymore! Bad experiences. Only people I know will pay me back, or like my sister because I don't care if she pays me back or not. You're def not a bad person :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It is annoying, but instead of making excuses, tell her you don't loan money to family or friends. You are not in the postition to. If she continues to ask maybe she is not there for anybody but herself. I'd break ties.

Due9
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It is annoying and I would just tell her you dont believe in lending money to friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM

You're not a bad person.  You can say something like, "you have found that lending money to friends and family ruined the relationships and that you want your relationship to last," assuming you believe it.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Marimaru
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'm not sure that the money borrowing and watching your son are related.

If you can't loan her the money just tell her that you don't have it to give her.  She doesn't need a reason any deeper than that.  If she keeps asking just say "I don't have any more money than the last time you asked me."  Hopefully she'll get the point.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Deff does not make you a bad person! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)