Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

progestorone shots for preventing preterm labor?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
So i had my last son really fast at 36 wks so my high risk doc wAnted me to take progestorone shots. ive heard from.some ppl they dnt work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
supermom0609
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Bump
supermom0609
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Anyone
Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I had my son at 36 weeks, so with this pregnancy they wanted me to take the shots. I had no adverse side effects from them and am 38 weeks tomorrow. Idk if she would have came early without the shots but I do know that she has stayed put so far.
supermom0609
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Well my.son was a good size and weight.6'9 19.5 inches but it was the fact my.labor was so fast that caused problems. he had swollowed amniotic fluid and wasent breathing when.he came out.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

I had my son at 36 weeks, so with this pregnancy they wanted me to take the shots. I had no adverse side effects from them and am 38 weeks tomorrow. Idk if she would have came early without the shots but I do know that she has stayed put so far.

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My son was exactly a month early, he weighed 7lbs15oz and was 19.5 inches long. His lungs were a bit underdeveloped so he spent a week in the NICU. Honestly, if you have insurance and they will help pay for it, it couldn't hurt anything. I'm glad I took them.

Quoting supermom0609:

Well my.son was a good size and weight.6'9 19.5 inches but it was the fact my.labor was so fast that caused problems. he had swollowed amniotic fluid and wasent breathing when.he came out.

supermom0609
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
They will be free but ive heard of ppl being.sore and sleepy the whole time so im scrared

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

My son was exactly a month early, he weighed 7lbs15oz and was 19.5 inches long. His lungs were a bit underdeveloped so he spent a week in the NICU. Honestly, if you have insurance and they will help pay for it, it couldn't hurt anything. I'm glad I took them.

Quoting supermom0609:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I would think a high risk OB/GYN would know more than "regular people." If you don't trust him, get a 2nd opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Well, everyone reacts differently. I had no issues except some soreness at the injection site. Look up info on drugs.com and do your own research, ask lots of questions but if your doctor recommends it, I'm sure he thinks that you must need them. Good luck!

Quoting supermom0609:

They will be free but ive heard of ppl being.sore and sleepy the whole time so im scrared

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)