Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it really as hard as it seems?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: Is now the right time to try?

Options:

If you think it's right

No

Yes, good timing

Other suggestions

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

Is it really difficult having four children? I have three right now: a five year old, a three year old, and an 18month old. I'm thinking about trying for number four and my husband seems to like the idea but I'm afraid that it'll be difficult to care for all of them and give them the time they need. Is now the right time to try. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Whatever tickles your pickle. I'm done at 2 (6 years apart) so I'm not much help. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have three, but I heard that once you hit that three mark, it's not so hard.  I could be wrong though.  I stopped at three, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

We're stopping at 3, so I'm probably  not the best authority on the matter.   But regardless of what people say concerning which is harder, whether it be going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3, etc.   I've always felt that zero kids to one is the only truly huge adjustment.  Sure, there will be adjustment periods anytime another whole human is added to your family, but personally I never bought into the idea that 3 is somehow insanely more difficult than 2 or whatever.  I think becoming a parent is a the big transtion.  Once you have 1 or 2 (or 3 in your case!) that the adjustment becomes more minor.   It will have its ups and downs, but if you definitely want a 4th and both parents are on board, then I feel like there's no time like the present. 

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

seems like it would be hard to me. but i have no experience in the four child realm lol.

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Personally I can't imagine having 3 under 5. I had mine six years apart for a couple of reasons. I would think if you're ok with three that young than four won't be a big deal.
MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Well by the time I get pregnant and the baby comes then the kids will be 6,4 and 2, but thanks for the help. I am a sahm so I'm sure I can handle four especially with my mom living so close. 

Quoting justahousewife:

Personally I can't imagine having 3 under 5. I had mine six years apart for a couple of reasons. I would think if you're ok with three that young than four won't be a big deal.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wait another year or two. The younger they are the more difficult it is to care for more kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Plus the oldest will be in school. And a big help with the lo's. My oldest loved being a big sissy. She was in school when I had the lo so its almost like having two only children. I wah and have a little family help on the weekends but I'm looking forward to a year with both kids in school before I try for another. Lol

Quoting MommyBear28:

Well by the time I get pregnant and the baby comes then the kids will be 6,4 and 2, but thanks for the help. I am a sahm so I'm sure I can handle four especially with my mom living so close. 

Quoting justahousewife:

crazymom21
by *giggle snort* on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think so but it is nothing for me to have lots of extra kids on the weekends/summertime. Mine our 9, 7½,5½, and 3. When our youngest was born my other ones were 5½, 4,and 2. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's all about what you feel is right.
kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3. Been told by many that another would make no difference lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)