Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

divorce papers

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
i want to make up my own divorce papers but i'm not sure what all needs to be in them.we have been seperated since 2010 and have both moved on.i know that things concerning the boys have to be in it but what else? Any input would be appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deloit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I would afraid that my papers would be legally invalid without a lawyer or at least legal advice.  You might want to check out legalzone.com or some place like that.  Maybe they have cheap advice.  I used a will from their years ago.  Maybe someone on here has a copy of similar legal documents.

Saintsational
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

As long as it is uncontested you can use legalzoom.com. I think it's around $300 for the paperwork and then you'll have to pay filing fees.

deloit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
thanks.its 200 just to file and a lawyer is way more,thats why i wanna draw up my own.

Quoting storkradio193:

I would afraid that my papers would be legally invalid without a lawyer or at least legal advice.  You might want to check out legalzone.com or some place like that.  Maybe they have cheap advice.  I used a will from their years ago.  Maybe someone on here has a copy of similar legal documents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
thanks.ive looked for sites with free papers because its $200 to file.

Quoting Saintsational:

As long as it is uncontested you can use legalzoom.com. I think it's around $300 for the paperwork and then you'll have to pay filing fees.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saintsational
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I found this one when I googled "free divorce papers". Don't know anything about the site or if the paperwork is correct.

http://www.edivorcepapers.com/

Quoting deloit:

Quoting Saintsational:

deloit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
thanks,i'll check it out

Quoting Saintsational:

I found this one when I googled "free divorce papers". Don't know anything about the site or if the paperwork is correct.

http://www.edivorcepapers.com/

Quoting deloit:

Quoting Saintsational:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DazedbySiggies
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

your local courthouse will also give you divorce sample in case you want to do it yourself.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Make sure you know your states divorce laws involving minor children.

Here in Ky, if there are minor children involved, each parent HAS to take a mandatory divorce class with the children.  It's like 2 Saturdays for 3 hours each time.  If the classes aren't taken a judge can hold you in contempt of court and have you arrested and the divorce wont be final until those classes are taken by each parent and each child.  so fucking stupid.

marzbar
by Marley. on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I filed for divorce and filled out all the paperwork without any lawyers.  Went through and finalized with no issues.

Quoting storkradio193:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)