Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is best way to do it?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 26 Replies

I brought my son a Kindle Fire for Christmas, my daughter dropped it and craked the screen. It was slow charging, so I sent it back to the warranty company. They sent me a gift certifacate, the problem is Toys are Us don't have them in stock. I don't have a 150.00 to but another, I even called others Toys are Us and they don't have them either. They have the HD so what can I do any advice?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Can you order it online? Or are they never carrying it again
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

You can only buy it at toys r us?

Jenn8576
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Take the gift cert. to best buy, because amazon stopped making the kindle fire and now makes the hd only. Same thing happens to mine and they just replaced it with the hd version no extra charge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting Jenn8576:

Take the gift cert. to best buy, because amazon stopped making the kindle fire and now makes the hd only. Same thing happens to mine and they just replaced it with the hd version no extra charge

Thank you so much

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

id use it towards the hd and pay the difference.

mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting Jenn8576:

I called BB before making the trip, and they said they don't do that. I guess I will have to get the HD.

mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

id use it towards the hd and pay the difference.

This is what I will have to do, but the only one they have now is the $299.00. So maybe when they get the $199.00 I may luck up with the $150.00.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM

theyre both the same price. so if you paid 199 for the first one, the second one is 199. so you wouldn't be paying anything different. how much is the certificate for?

mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

theyre both the same price. so if you paid 199 for the first one, the second one is 199. so you wouldn't be paying anything different. how much is the certificate for?

I paid $150.00 but with taxes and the warranty it was $179.00. But I will have to wait until they get the HD for $199.00.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM

my computer won't copy and paste, but go to amazon.com, type kindle fire in the search bar and a kindle fire hd comes up for 199.99.

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

I paid $150.00 but with taxes and the warranty it was $179.00. But I will have to wait until they get the HD for $199.00.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)