Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's see those valentine boxes/bags

Posted by   + Show Post

Whether you made them or the kids did...I want to see

My son really wanted a penguin box.  So, I told him to Google for some inspiration and this is what he came up with, with some sketching help from me.  Yes, he wanted the silly eyes on purpose  lol

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thanks!!

I'm in Kentucky. My kiddo goes to a private school, we're allowed to bring in whatever.

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Those are perfect and look yummy....everything we send to school has to be store bought nothing home made.....what state do u live in?

Quoting Paperfishies:

My daughter is in 4th grade, they don't make the boxes anymore...but I made these for her class for their party... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

we made a tank for our oldest son

little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM

The kids don't make them here because of so many crappy parents who weren't willing to help the kids. Most of the kids were just using the bags they decorate at school so every class went to that. They don't let the kids take boxes even if they want to :( I was really looking forward to it this year too because my son wanted  a car and I had found a ton of ideas for him.

mommytam
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Mine did them in school. My oldest is in 2nd and his teacher suplied everything and my younest son had to take a bag to school and they decorate it there. And they will be ripped before they come home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
O my son is in 5th grade the do not do class partys they just pass cards.
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Bump
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I am so sad to hear any parents say their school's don't participate. I think arts and crafts are so important!
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM

yeah but the competition between parents makes it almost unfair to the kids.

Quoting bellawomen:

I am so sad to hear any parents say their school's don't participate. I think arts and crafts are so important!

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

This is my 5 year olds. She didn't help much after picking her design. I did not get pics of the others. My 3rd grader used a bag and we turned it into a dog. My 1st grader's is like a black breifcase, but it does not open like one. It is a ceral box and it still opens at the top (side now) and has a slot on one side for the cards to got in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)