Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking to get a Kindle Fire...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 47 Replies
Hubby got me a tablet for Christmas and it is nice however I am looking into getting a kindle fire. Do any of you have one? If so do you like it, does it crash a bunch when using the apps and also are you able to play the games on Facebook ( such as FarmVille 2) on it?

Thanks for your help ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Just out of curiousity....if you already have a tablet why not read on that? A kindle Fire is a Tablet, right? 

AMBG825
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:26 AM
If you already have a tablet, I wouldn't get a Kindle Fire. It would be redundant.
bugdoodle313
by Brit on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Well I have a Google Nexus 7 I really like it so far, only had it for a week though. My dd, brother and soil all have kindle fires and they love them. I also want to know why get a new tablet when you already have one?
caswebworks
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
The one I have is a piece of crap... It crashes all of the time, can't access the Internet... And the list goes on... I am a prime member with Amazon and I know if you have a kindle you can also use the lending library....

I also would love to be able to have a tablet that I can use for Facebook and play the games Facebook has such as FarmVille 2.
monkeyrhea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I love my Kindle Fire. I've never had it crash on me. I can't tell you much about playing the Facebook games though because I don't play those.

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I have a kindle fire hd. Got it for Christmas. I love it. They have a Facebook app for it but I don't think you can play the games. I know games like candy crush saga also don't have their own app in the amazon App Store. My son uses it a lot bc of kindle free time. I love that he has all these books at his finger tips and games and shows too.
christina0607
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM

What kind of tablet is it? 

In order to play farmville you need to be able to run flash, which I think it can. However, I'm almost positive you need a keyboard and a mouse to play it as well, so a tablet isn't what you want. I would think you want a laptop? Or maybe that nexus one that is both a laptop and a tablet. 

You can use the kindle app on any tablet to use your prime membership library options. 

Quoting caswebworks:

The one I have is a piece of crap... It crashes all of the time, can't access the Internet... And the list goes on... I am a prime member with Amazon and I know if you have a kindle you can also use the lending library....

I also would love to be able to have a tablet that I can use for Facebook and play the games Facebook has such as FarmVille 2.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

caswebworks
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM
The tablet is called a next book.... I have the kindle app and can read books however Amazon will not allow you to use the lending library unless you have a kindle ( I guess they do that because the Kindle is their product)

Quoting christina0607:

In order to play farmville you need to be able to run flash, which I think it can. However, I'm almost positive you need a keyboard and a mouse to play it as well, so a tablet isn't what you want. I would think you want a laptop? Or maybe that nexus one that is both a laptop and a tablet. 

You can use the kindle app on any tablet to use your prime membership library options. 

Quoting caswebworks:

KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM
We just bought 5 kindle fire's, still trying to figure them out...
christina0607
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM

hmm, I didn't know that. Well at least that $80 a year membership will get you something. Yeah if I was going to pay that I would definitely have an actual kindle. However I think I would just get the regular kindle. 

Quoting caswebworks:

The tablet is called a next book.... I have the kindle app and can read books however Amazon will not allow you to use the lending library unless you have a kindle ( I guess they do that because the Kindle is their product)

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting caswebworks:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)