Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking to get a Kindle Fire...

Posted by   + Show Post
Hubby got me a tablet for Christmas and it is nice however I am looking into getting a kindle fire. Do any of you have one? If so do you like it, does it crash a bunch when using the apps and also are you able to play the games on Facebook ( such as FarmVille 2) on it?

Thanks for your help ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (41-47):
veganistic
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Don't let the library be the selling point- it's only one book per month! :( what tablet do you have?

Quoting caswebworks:

The one I have is a piece of crap... It crashes all of the time, can't access the Internet... And the list goes on... I am a prime member with Amazon and I know if you have a kindle you can also use the lending library....

I also would love to be able to have a tablet that I can use for Facebook and play the games Facebook has such as FarmVille 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

You could just get the Kindle Fire app for your tablet.

I have both a KF and an iPad (I got the KF first, almost a year before I got my iPad). Doesn't look like there is an FV2 app for it though. I do like it (but I love my iPad more), though my biggest pet peeve is the organization of the books and how tedious it is to upload anything to it (if you ever deregister or reset it that is).

It does have a decent number of apps though. 

1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Do you have to pay to be a prime member? I have a kindle fire but I haven't used it much I never have time :/ lol

Quoting caswebworks:

The one I have is a piece of crap... It crashes all of the time, can't access the Internet... And the list goes on... I am a prime member with Amazon and I know if you have a kindle you can also use the lending library....

I also would love to be able to have a tablet that I can use for Facebook and play the games Facebook has such as FarmVille 2.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noahsmom310
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Same here! I have had my kindle fire since it came out and I still love it. My 4 year old got one for Christmas and he loves his. I am not sure on the fb games either

Quoting monkeyrhea:

I love my Kindle Fire. I've never had it crash on me. I can't tell you much about playing the Facebook games though because I don't play those.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
photomom1979
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I love my fire but you cant play farmville on it and you cant read in the sunlight :-( I prefer my original kindle for reading books. The prime is good for movies but you only get one free book a month
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy22775
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I have a kindle fire and an ipad nd I like both I use my kindle for reading nd ipad for movies nd games nd taking pics of course
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Yes and no. It's primary function is an e-reader but it does function as a tablet would. IT is heavily customized by amazon even though it is an andriod you can't use google play on it but amazon has an app store.

OP I've had my Fire HD for a week and love it! I rarely use my computer anymore. I have FB and a messenger app on it and a few games but mostly books

Quoting christina0607:

Just out of curiousity....if you already have a tablet why not read on that? A kindle Fire is a Tablet, right? 

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN