Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Surprise Baby Shower

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 5 Replies
Dds prek teacher is preg and the moms and I would lile to throw her a surprise baby shower. Can you give me some ideas, please? I am doing a diaper cake for sure and she is having a girl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Hi there! A diaper cake is a good start and maybe make some cupcakes or something like that? I'm sure the ladies on the Craft Cafe group would also have some ideas for you since they talk about parties a lot in there:

Arwyn724
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

At my daughter's baby shower, I bought a pink pig piggy bank and put a sign next to it, "Baby's College Fund".  I put it on the cake table, and everyone who came emptied their pockets into it, without prompting.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

A wish tree! You make a tree and then have people write down a wish for mommy and baby and daddy (too if you want) and put it on the tree and then mommy can take it home! 

Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a surprise shower and my friends had a cake made for me that was a baby's butt and legs. It was cute! Also, they took baby clothes (boy, in my case) and hung them on a clothes line with pins above the gift area.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
For DD's teacher last year, one of the moms painted a tree trunk with branches on canvas and then each student put a thumbprint leaf on the branches using light and dark pink. It was so cute!

I made her a brag book. I gave each student a 4" x 6" index card and had them decorate it and write a note to the teacher. They were in first grade so the notes were so sweet. After the baby was born, she could replace the cards with pics.

She knew she was having a girl so we made a list of names on the board of the kids wanted her to use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)