Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new laptop

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

my desktop was getting old and sooo slow, i broke down and got a new refurbished dell laptop. ive never owned a laptop, so im playing with it and getting used to no mouse. so far its working with everything, but facebook. it says that it doesnt trust the site.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

There should be an option to bypass that.  Like "go to the site anyway" or something like that.  It'll save the certifications of the site and be trustworthy.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I don't trust that site either, lol, JK.  Bump for a tech mama =0) typing

christina0607
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Yeah you are on line...its a computer so there aren't any sites it won't work with. Just choose to go to the site anyway.
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

It's not your computer not wanting to trust the site, it's your security features. Click on "go to site anyway."

Uniquecoolio
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
too funny. I just bought a new laptop today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM

ya. finally figured out facebook. it wont pull up the games tho on facebook. now i need it to give me my emails. the anti virus program is different and doesnt seem to trust anything. it makes it sound like i will be flooded with viruses if i go on outlook express or yahoo mail. its comeing thru on my desktop fine, so it cant be the site.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I hate dell laptops! They never seemed to work for me! My three sisters had one and so did I and they broke before they were a year old! 

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You can buy a wireless mouse for 10 dollars. I did and, love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

yikes. this one is supposed to be set up for business, so hopefully its sturdier

Quoting MommyBear28:

I hate dell laptops! They never seemed to work for me! My three sisters had one and so did I and they broke before they were a year old! 

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

check in your tool up top next to a house and stars then check internet options then click on privacy if that is too high you will not be able to do alot of things. It seems to work and allow most when you have it set on medium see pic then apply. this might help. Make sure you have the bottom 2 checked pop ups and then the bottom one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN