Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

when you go a a beach vacay?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 17 Replies

what do you pack?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM

for me ? kids ? or dh?

slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

for me ? kids ? or dh?

family

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Quoting slayerslegacy:

Everything.

ok

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

for me ? kids ? or dh?

family

Is it a resort or are you renting a place ? do they provide linens for the beds ? If not make sure you pack them.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

for me ? kids ? or dh?

family

Is it a resort or are you renting a place ? do they provide linens for the beds ? If not make sure you pack them.

we are renting a condo for the week, i have linens on my list

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
We live 5 mins from the beach so just sunscreen, sand toys, towels, water and ourselves!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM

OK

Kitchen~~

dish detergent, plastic wrap, ziploc bags(various sizes) tin foil, Large bowl(for making salads)

dishwasher deterg, laundry detergent, clothes line & pins

paper plates,cups napkins, paper towels, trash bags

coffee and filters & sugar

dishtowels and cloths

Crockpot?

Bath

towels & washcloths

shampoo, conditioner,

soap, razors, shave cream

toilet paper,  candle and matches

hair products,blow dryer, curling iron or straightner

bedrooms~~~

pillows(just in case) sheets, I bring blankets from home I dont trust they wash them after every rental.  Extra sheets for the beach to lay out and on.

BEACH~~~

COOLER

Beach towels, beach chairs, sheet or two to lay on, beach toys, wet washcloth in lunch bag. Beach Umbrella , sun screen, sun glasses, books, sand toys, cover ups, lots of food and drinks(freeze some of the water bottles you wont need ice.)) Large container of baby powder ~~ When leaving the beach sprinkle on and the sand will fall off without hurting. Its esp awesome if you have small kids.

Entertainment~~

board games, deck of cards, all kinds of snacks and candy, books, crayons and coloring books, puzzles

inspain
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Depends on how long, which beach and what we're doing when we're not on the beach or in the pool.  The week during Christmas I packed two bathing suits, three sarongs, a pair of jeans, a pair of linen cargo pants, seven pairs of undies, bras, a pair of shorts, a few shirts, a linen shift, pair of Tevas, pair of flip-flops, nice slip-ons, one wide brimmed hat, a pillow and two or three pillow-cases, a towel, iPods, Kindle, new spray bottle of #70 sunscreen, new stick of face #70, tube of shea butter, bottle of aloe, misc. toilettries and an Epi-Pen.  (I'm allergic to EVERYTHING.)

Oh, wait, for the whole family?  Well, in addition to all that stuff, a few more pillow cases (this was a hotel, usually we rent a house and I don't bother with extra cases).  If we're at a hotel, I may bring a pack of cards too, but that's it.  If we rent a house, I bring groceries, plastic containers and maybe a dog.  

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."  -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Chairs, blanket, cooler, umbrella, toys, wake boards, suits, goggles, sun shirts, coppertone, flip flops, beach coverups, sunglasses, $$$$ , fishing rods, portable grill, ..baby wipes for clean up....and resort clothes so we can go out to dinner
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)