Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a rooting problem with my plumbing system?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

I need to get a plumber to dig in my yard, and dig the root out. Have you had this problem, if so how much did it cost?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
christina0607
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We did with our first house. We got an estimate of of $3,500. But sold the house instead. 

mamaofficer
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Quoting christina0607:

We did with our first house. We got an estimate of of $3,500. But sold the house instead. 

WOW, that's alot of money

christina0607
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:02 AM

We thought so too. We were told had it been a few feet closer to the street it would be a city problem, but it wasn't. We had other issues with the house so we decided just to get rid of it.

There really is no way to know what your would cost, just have someone come give you an estimate. 

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting christina0607:

WOW, that's alot of money

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Are you for sure they are gonna have to dig up the yard? Sometime they can pull them out there is something you can put in the toilet to keep them from growing after you get the one issue fixed. We used Muratic acid to keep them from growing back. We had 2 huge maple trees in the front of our house. 

mamaofficer
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Quoting Rhonda142:

Are you for sure they are gonna have to dig up the yard? Sometime they can pull them out there is something you can put in the toilet to keep them from growing after you get the one issue fixed. We used Muratic acid to keep them from growing back. We had 2 huge maple trees in the front of our house. 

When the plumber came in Dec, he went through the toilet. And know the toilet keeps bubbling up and won't flush. And plus I have water coming up in the yard. Where can I get that Muratic Acid from?

Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM

When the plumber came in Dec, he went through the toilet. And know the toilet keeps bubbling up and won't flush. And plus I have water coming up in the yard. Where can I get that Muratic Acid from?

You can get it from any hardware store ACE or Lowes Menards if it is coming up in the yard then the pipe is likely busted and you will need to get that replaced. :(  I would call around and get some quotes. Some places maybe cheaper than others haggle with them if you have too. 

irvinehiker
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

We had this happen a couple years ago.  I rent my house so not my problem.  Double double check the plumbers references.  My landlord had to get 2 plumbers come out, the first one did a lazy job and it ended up costing $$$.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)