Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm absolutely livid.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got a call from the school because ds (kindergarten) had an accident. I get there with his clean clothes and take him into the bathroom to help him change and asked him what happened. He immediately starts crying and tells me that he asked to go to the bathroom and his teacher wouldn't let him go. He said he finished his worksheet and asked to go again and she said no, so he went back to his seat. He said he started crying because he felt like he was going to pee his pants and she finally let him go, but he couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. The poor kid was so embarrassed he didn't want to go back to his classroom because he was afraid everybody would make fun of him.

I'm furious. Why the hell wouldn't she just let him go to the bathroom?!? I am thinking about sending her an email, but I need to calm down a little first. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM
3 moms liked this

idk...some schools have f*$%ed up bathroom policies nowadays.  i dont understand why anyone would tell a child they cant go to the bathroom, especially at that young of an age.

sorry for your little guy :(

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I saw this happen at my kids school yesterday, BUT these kids asking to go are notrious screw offs and hall runners, thank them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be upset as well. At that age kids have a hard time "holding it". She should have just let him go.
christina0607
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I would speak to the teacher before I got upset. 

Dolphingirl2004

I would maybe go to the principal too, that is not right what she did to your son!!! I am sorry that happened!!! xoxoxoxo

LaughingTattoo

THIS. My 6 yo knows she needs to use the bathroom at appropriate times or hold it. There is a reason for these rules

Quoting lapcounter:

I saw this happen at my kids school yesterday, BUT these kids asking to go are notrious screw offs and hall runners, thank them.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Jessy613
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

definitley speak to the teacher and get her side of the story first. then speak with her about how you are feeling. 

nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I tell my kids to get up and walk out if they're told no, we have health issued that run in my family where holding it is bad. My grandmother passed away from it so we don't mess around with it. Let the school have a problem with my children going to the bathroom and they'll deal with me. If they were notorious for goofing off and running the hallways I could understand being cautious but kindergartners don't do that, That's more a high school thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redheadstar
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Go to the Principal or if not? maybe the school supervisor, 2 years ago when my Daughter <Type 1 diabetes> was taking a test , she had to use the bathroom and was told no by the teacher!!   teacher was alerted...and it never happened again.

aj23
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Around here all the kindergarten classes have bathrooms in them so the kids go as they need to and don't have to ask. I thought most schools were like that.

I would be ticked too. At that age they can't hold it for long and there is no valid reason for a kid having to ask 3 times before they are allowed to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN