Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Look what I found on my deck ...

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 70 Replies
3 moms liked this

He strolled right up on the deck and started eating my cat's food out of her bowl, like he owned the joint. Funny thing is, he didnt seem scared of me at all. He was all mellow and just sat his butt down and started chowing, lol.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsledford09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Hahaha hes cute...but dangerous
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scoutfamilyof7
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL what a cutie. A few years ago I went out to put trash outside and one flew out at me like a spider monkey. I just about pissed myself.

Snapdragon88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Awwww :) I used to have a Raccoon. His name was Scooby. They are nosey little things! He used to empty everyone's pockets and purses and then keep what he liked, lol. Usually shiny things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM
EFF. THAT.

A while back, there was a house down the street from me where people were raising raccoons as pets. Once they had a baby, they put the animals out and just left the windows open so they could come and go whenever. The raccoons ended up in the baby's crib. EATING. HER. FACE.
Parents went to jail, baby survived, raccoons were killed. I do not mess with these animals. They're scary.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM
We had some in our attic and used a trap to catch them. Obviously it's a wild animal but I was in awe of how cute they were. If we walked within three feet of the cage they would make this horrible hissing/growling sound and bare their teeth. Lol. I was shocked. I was like 'cute wittle wacoon', no, vicious!
weirdkids
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this

hes humanized thats why. alot of times, wild animals that live closely with humans(ie raccoons, opossums, certain birds) become so accustomed to them that they no longer see them as a threat but as another animal they co-exsist with. we have skunks like that. theyve been living under the tree stump since before we moved in but they got so used seeing us sitting outside at night that we are no longer a threat and they will walk right up to us. where my mom goes camping too. the skunks and raccoons are so used to people they walk right up to the fire with you to hang out lol they like marshmallows lol

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Awe, ain't he just a cutie

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Thanks for the nightmares.

Quoting Mrsfarr:

EFF. THAT.

A while back, there was a house down the street from me where people were raising raccoons as pets. Once they had a baby, they put the animals out and just left the windows open so they could come and go whenever. The raccoons ended up in the baby's crib. EATING. HER. FACE.

Parents went to jail, baby survived, raccoons were killed. I do not mess with these animals. They're scary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Sorry. :/
I first heard the story when I was pregnant and I'd feel sick to my stomach whenever I passed by the house.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Thanks for the nightmares.

Quoting Mrsfarr:

EFF. THAT.

Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Interesting. That makes sense. I was so surprised that he felt completely comfortable with humans standing 3-4 ft away. He even sat down and started eating like it was nothing new!

Quoting weirdkids:

hes humanized thats why. alot of times, wild animals that live closely with humans(ie raccoons, opossums, certain birds) become so accustomed to them that they no longer see them as a threat but as another animal they co-exsist with. we have skunks like that. theyve been living under the tree stump since before we moved in but they got so used seeing us sitting outside at night that we are no longer a threat and they will walk right up to us. where my mom goes camping too. the skunks and raccoons are so used to people they walk right up to the fire with you to hang out lol they like marshmallows lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN