Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Look cat-I do NOT enjoy chasing

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 70 Replies
4 moms liked this

the LIVE presents you bring me.What possessed you to bring me a LIVING star nosed mole and drop it on my foot...in the MIDDLE of the living room?!?!?!?It took us 2/3 hours to catch the little,blind terrified thing....Cats,gotta love 'em!!Oh,and here is a picture of what the mole looks like.That thing on the end of their nose is GROSS looking up close...(Btw,this is not a picture of the one that was in my house.)

I'm sort of suprised the neighbors didn't call the cops thinking we were killing someone over here.What with all the yelling going on.

What is the difference between a dog and a cat?

A dog lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and
says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my
having to do anything. They must be gods!"

A cat lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and
says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my
having to do anything. I must be a god!
"

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM

silly cat.  What is the purpose of the nose looking like that LOL......  I would have gone into stealth mode to catch it like i do with moths that get in house.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Here is some of Wikipedia description/explanation.It says they use it to "touch" surfaces-sort of help them "see" and sense vibrations because they are blind.

The star-nosed mole is easily identified by the 11 pairs of pink fleshy appendages ringing its snout, which is used as a touch organ with more than 25,000 minute sensory receptors, known as Eimer's organs, with which this hamster-sized mole feels its way around. With the help of its Eimer's organs, it may be perfectly poised to detect seismic wave vibrations.[4]

Quoting frndlyfn:

silly cat.  What is the purpose of the nose looking like that LOL......  I would have gone into stealth mode to catch it like i do with moths that get in house.

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Haha, cute. Cats can be so silly.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM

ewwwww  That would be creepy to see in person.

Quoting brandyblx:

Here is some of Wikipedia description/explanation.It says they use it to "touch" surfaces-sort of help them "see" and sense vibrations because they are blind.

The star-nosed mole is easily identified by the 11 pairs of pink fleshy appendages ringing its snout, which is used as a touch organ with more than 25,000 minute sensory receptors, known as Eimer's organs, with which this hamster-sized mole feels its way around. With the help of its Eimer's organs, it may be perfectly poised to detect seismic wave vibrations.[4]

Quoting frndlyfn:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What is even funnier was her standing there looking all proud as we chased the thing...It's like she was saying "See!I told you it was FUN."big smile mini

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Haha, cute. Cats can be so silly.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM
That thing would be cute without all the weird nose tenticles...

I prefer live gifts to dead ones. Scared rabbit in the tub: awww. Rat organs in the tub: Ralph..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
LOL your Kitty lovers you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sometimes I wish she didn't love me quite so much-lol.She has given me some weird things...A frog,a grsshopper (that she dropped on my FACE at 3:00a.m.),dead mouse(in my bed).

Quoting sidneyb:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! The mouse seems like it was a Godfather moment

Quoting brandyblx:

Sometimes I wish she didn't love me quite so much-lol.She has given me some weird things...A frog,a grsshopper (that she dropped on my FACE at 3:00a.m.),dead mouse(in my bed).

Quoting sidneyb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2gingers
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM
The mouse was probably a warning lol

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting sidneyb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)