Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please explain to me im so scared

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
Dad had an AAA surgery after his kidneys won't work.they said they would do dialysis by neck I think a catherater.he said it would jump start kidneys.I'm terrified has anyone known anyone who ever did this.is there side effects.I'm scared he's gonna die
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsledford09
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Bump
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM

BUMP!

mylifeback
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM

acute renal failure after heart surgery is one of the complications, placing the catheter through the neck is one of two ways to "jump" start the kidneys, this is common practice.  the majority of people return to normal kidney function

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
My son died from lukemia which caused his kidney to fail.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Acute renal failure is a complication of heart surgery..really of any surgery. There are quite a few anesthetics given that can affect the kidneys.

Putting the catheter in his neck is will be the access for dialysis. There are complications with dialysis, as there are with any procedure/surgery.

My suggestion to you is write your questions down and speak to your father's doctor. It's not silly we all forget questions and remember them in the car on the way home. Sometimes it's the one we felt was most important.

The complications and chances of them happening involve many factors, not the least of which is your dad's medical history, how emergent if at all his surgery was, how long it took if there were complications during the surgery.

Really you should speak to your father's doctor.

Hope he does well and recovers quickly.

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Thank you everyone.my heart is breaking so bad because now he has start of phnemonia and a fever high and can't tell what its coming from and now he has something showing on bowels and intestines
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM

You've gotten some great advice from the other ladies.  My prayers goes out to your dad that he overcomes what he is going thru right now and hopeful for a speedy recovery.. Hugs.. Never easy.. Hang in there!

Quoting LEMONS:

Thank you everyone.my heart is breaking so bad because now he has start of phnemonia and a fever high and can't tell what its coming from and now he has something showing on bowels and intestines

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
My mom had the same thing:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEMONS
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Just to let everyone know dad won't need dialysis its working good but now he has 102 temp for two days now and trying to find out why.he can't talk other than say help me and owe and its just killing me but hopefully they'll find out and help him.thank you everyone for praying and talking to me .I've been sleeping here in hospital frommonday till now and I'm just emotional and wornout
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)