Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SLEEP ISSUES!!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

MY KIDS ARE HORRIBLE!!!

So my kids are both in bed by 7:30 normally...Charmony *my youngest* will be asleep quickly...Sydney will go in their room...start playing...and wake Charmony up...and they will be up until almost midnight...WTF!! HOW DO I GET SYDNEY TO GO TO BED AND STAY HER BUTT IN BED?!?!?! They were doing SOOO awesome up until about 2 weeks ago! ALL I KNOW IS I'M FREAKIN EXHAUSTED AND I'M ABOUT TO GET FIRED BECAUSE OF THEM BEING UP SO LATE!!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM

How old is big sister?   I have seen bedtime techniques that if they do not go to bed and stay there , then they are put in time out per not listening to mommy rule .    I wonder what has changed recently to have her wanting to push that boundary of going to bed.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Tell her she can not go in your bedroom, it wakes the other one up.

She has to be ready to sleep.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:35 AM

BUMP!

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

She's 4. I can't think of anything that has changed recently. This started before her birthday, and I thought maybe she was just super excited about her party, but it didn't stop after the party. I had a half hour meaningless talk with her earlier, about not listening, and told her that she's going in the corner, and getting hot sauce (cuz she HATES spicy stuff) if she doesn't listen, she tells me no, gets out of bed, etc...it's not working. I'm at my wits end, I want to rip my hair out, I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I thought Hey I can do this alone. I'm so over it right now!

Quoting frndlyfn:

How old is big sister?   I have seen bedtime techniques that if they do not go to bed and stay there , then they are put in time out per not listening to mommy rule .    I wonder what has changed recently to have her wanting to push that boundary of going to bed.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to follow through.  If you say she is going to the corner for not listening and she continues to act up, into the corner  she goes.  If she gets out before time is up, you walk her back w/o any conversation.  This can be a tiresome process but the child needs to learn mom will be consistent and firm with discipline.   Each consequence needs to fit the crime so i do not understand how hot sauce would figure in for any offense..  We did time outs for dd when she was 4 and now at almost 7 we take away privileges in the home or if we are out in public she will get a time out.

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The hot sauce is mainly for telling Mommy "No". I did put her in the corner, about 7 times tonight.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You need to follow through.  If you say she is going to the corner for not listening and she continues to act up, into the corner  she goes.  If she gets out before time is up, you walk her back w/o any conversation.  This can be a tiresome process but the child needs to learn mom will be consistent and firm with discipline.   Each consequence needs to fit the crime so i do not understand how hot sauce would figure in for any offense..  We did time outs for dd when she was 4 and now at almost 7 we take away privileges in the home or if we are out in public she will get a time out.

trainlady
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Put the trouble maker to bed first and get that one to sleep and then put the other one down and that should solve the problem. But it sounds like you may have other problems. As your children grow things are going to change from day to day. You are going to have to learn to deal with them as they come along. Nothing remains the same or lasts forever. Be prepared to adjust your schedule as the children grow or you are going to be in a pit of fits every time something comes along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN